Cratoni Shakedown Full Face Helmet

Cratoni Shakedown Helmet 2012. Helmets MTB. Cratoni Shakedown Full Face MTB Helmet The Cratoni Shakedown Full Face MTB Helmet with its strong ABS shell is the right choice for Freeriders, BMXers and Dirtriders pushing the limits. Its moderately prized but offers none the less highest sa ....

Submitted by AlabamaRider a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: November 18, 2012

Strengths:    Light helmet with good air flow that permits to do XC or Light AM.

Weaknesses:    Its flexible which is good and bad at the same time. Its flexible and still protects, less prone to get brittle.

Bottom Line:
For many months I have been researching trying to find a trail (Heath McClain) that a few pros ride in Montesano/LandTrust, Huntsville AL. Finally I found it,armed with shin/arm guards and this Cratoni Shakedown I decided to do this trail. The trail is more intimidating that what it looks in youtube, specially now because all the leaves make this trail slippery. At one point of the trail I noticed a shortcut towards Bluffline trail. Looked like a 45 degree dirt hill, suddenly the trail had 75 to 80 degree 15 foot hill. I was already going to fast, my XC bike was not going to handle this drop, I attempted to brake and down I went, rolled 4 to 5 times downhill. Got up with few scratches here and there, the shin/knee guard saved my right leg and the Cratoni Shakedown saved my face and head. After that I went up thru toll gate (a technical rocky uphill trail) this helmet allowed me to breath fine. I wouldn't recommend this for a downhiller like the ones in Colorado or Utah. But for AM, XC and light jumps is good enough. If I ever get a face plant with this helmet I will provide a new review.

Favorite Trail:   Goat Trail

Duration Product Used:   3 hours

Purchased At:   CRC

Bike Setup:   2012 Stumpjumper 26" with a 150mm fox talas rlc.

Check out hottest mountain bike products from these brands!