Bell Sanction Full Face Helmet

4.4/5 (5 Reviews)

Bell Sanction full-face helmet is a lightweight, full-face helmet. Fully-ventilated, CPSC certified, this low-profile helmet was designed for the younger rider. Ideal for BMX, Super-D and all-mountain riding. Weighs 950gms.

Submitted by Helmetless a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: January 15, 2013

Strengths:    Great fit, lightweight, jaw is open enough to fit the hose of my drafter.
Ventilation is outstanding. Testing was at 35°c during 30 min and now has got a place in my bed
Graphics and finish are really cool

Weaknesses:    Chin straps are ok for am riding but still a bit on the basic side. Nothing serious me think :)

Bottom Line:
This helmet was tested and demo'ed only. Test took 30min on paved roads, at 35°c. I bought this for am. I was first in love with the Giro Remedy helmet but after a little test, the excessive weight and lack of effective ventilation were enough arguments to get rid of it from the list. Other ones tested were the POC (expensive for what it is), Urge Down-o-Matic (smaller than they claim it to be, poor ventilation, heavy), 661 Bravo Comp (uncomfortable internals imo), Bluegrass Explicit (a bit delicate). So, at the end of the day, Sanction.

I will test it hard to get an opinion of what it is made of, then if not satisfied, I'll be posting up here again.

Similar Products Used:   Only tested at store. See the ones previously mentioned in my review

Bike Setup:   Banshee Paradox v2

Submitted by dirtracer

Date Reviewed: January 14, 2013

Strengths:    Price, weight, ventilation

Weaknesses:    Chin strap. Same basic design that in used in shoping carts to hold kids in. Not impressed with the nylon "lashing strap "type buckle. No real issues, yet. Just isn't two steel 'D' rings. Nylon strap width is .500" wide.

Bottom Line:
Really liked this helmet ! Fits snug enough. lightweight, great ventilation. Looking for a skull cap now so my bean won't get chilly on So MO this Winter. Good visibility Visor is actually usable. Visor, and visor hold down screws are actually better quality than my son's 661 full face. Graphics are high quality, and fit and finish is really good. Actually makes me look serious.

Submitted by abeckstead a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: July 1, 2012

Strengths:    Comfortable, light weight, lot of bang for the buck and looks great!

Weaknesses:    Can't blow snot rockets without removing the helmet.

Bottom Line:
Caution this helmet will make you feel like Superman, chicks will dig you and eventually you may run out of talent. Good news though... it offers great protection at a great price for when you do hit the ground! I've worn this helmet for 4 hour rides and I can tolerate it. Is it hotter than an open face xc helmet... well yeah duh. But is it tolerable? You bet and your face is worth the extra protection. It's light and definitely hasn't hindered my riding at all. It's well ventilated, just a little bit of speed and you can feel the air flow. Once you learn to breath downward it helps a lot.

Favorite Trail:   Game Trail

Bike Setup:   Giant Trance X

Submitted by bazooka_beard a Cross Country Rider from Phoenix, AZ USA

Date Reviewed: January 28, 2012

Strengths:    Price, Fit, looks, construction

Weaknesses:    None yet

Bottom Line:
I was very pleased with this helmet. The construction is fantastic for the price. I briefly owned another full face helmet I bought from Hn'R, a much more expensive one and returned it due to weight and lack of good ventilation.
This helmet is actually so lightweight, I almost forgot it was there. Never felt like my head was being weighed down.
The ventilation is also something that surprised me. with 15 vents, the airflow feels great when you're riding, and never felt too hot.
The Large size is quite snug on my 59cm dome, and I could see people with larger heads finding it too tight. The jaw piece feels snug, and keeps it from bouncing and moving around.
Overall, for the price, this is one great helmet. I would highly recommend it as a first full face helmet or replacement for an old one.

Favorite Trail:   Phoenix Mountain Preserve, Tr100

Purchased At:   hucknroll.com

Similar Products Used:   Various XC helmets (this is first FF helmet)

Bike Setup:   2011 Giant Yukon FX

Submitted by bazooka_beard a Cross Country Rider from Phoenix, AZ USA

Date Reviewed: January 24, 2012

Strengths:    Price, weight, ventilation, fit, peace of mind.

Weaknesses:    none yet

Bottom Line:

Favorite Trail:   The one I'm on.

Purchased At:   hucknroll.com