Bell Drop Full Face Helmet

4.33/5 (9 Reviews)

Designed by the same team that brought you the Moto-8 motocross helmet, the Bell Drop Mountain Bike Helmet lets you attack the course head on with a burly ABS plastic shell to protect your braincase. The Drop meets the safety requirements of not only the CPSC, but the ASTM, as well -- a standard which is voluntary and demands a higher impact velocity. This fullface Bell helmet?s visor side pivots increase durability in case you do decide to put that higher impact velocity to the test.

Submitted by jordenkl a Weekend Warrior from Israel

Date Reviewed: March 3, 2011

Strengths:    This helmet is very very comfortable, there is alot of padding, and a lot of space ( visually). The helmet provide lots of protection when crashing.

Weaknesses:    Well....nothing yet

Bottom Line:
The bottom line is, if you are looking for a good protection, and comfortable design go for the Bell drop. I had some crashes with it, and the helmet's performance was pretty great, I did not feel the hit from the crash, and the helmet didn't move to the side when I crashed.

I would recommend it to any one who's looking for a full face helmet.

(The price is not the price in the US or UK)

Favorite Trail:   Any All Mountain

Purchased At:   rosen mintz

Similar Products Used:   Havn't tried

Bike Setup:   I own the 2010 Specialized ENDURO

Submitted by mcap a Downhiller

Date Reviewed: August 15, 2010

Strengths:    Very comfortable, quality padding thats removable. Easy to use buckle clasp.

Bottom Line:
No comparison to the cheaper models. The padding is very comfortable and feels really high quality. Haven't taken any big hits yet, but feels confident it provides superior protection

Favorite Trail:   Diablo

Purchased At:   Online

Submitted by ladydeacon a Cross Country Rider from OC, CA

Date Reviewed: May 18, 2010

Strengths:    Comfortable!

Weaknesses:    Could use more vents

Bottom Line:
I needed a full face helmet for the occasional shuttle ride or more technical day. I first bought a Bell Bellistic for $50, what a mistake! Not comfortable at all and no removable pads inside. So I happened to see a Bell Drop at my lbs and tried it on. What a difference! Fits better all around and has removable padding that is so much more comfortable than the Bellistic. Then I found the Drop for $58 at Jenson woohoo! Haven't tested it in any crashes so far but it is a great deal!

Purchased At:   Jenson

Similar Products Used:   Bell Bellistic

Bike Setup:   Santa Cruz Heckler and Superlight

Submitted by Get_A_Ride a Weekend Warrior from Atlanta

Date Reviewed: April 23, 2010

Strengths:    Great protection and airflow! I have the Cedric Gracia signature edition and the graphics are really impressive and stand out from any other helmets I've seen.

Weaknesses:    None so far. Let's just hope there are no weaknesses when I hit a tree or anything else head on; which I've come VERY close to doing a couple of times.

Bottom Line:
Great helmet! I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a helmet with great protection and ventilation!

Purchased At:   3point5.com

Submitted by gastonbx a Downhiller from Buenos Aires, Argentina

Date Reviewed: January 15, 2010

Strengths:    Comfortable, light, protective.

Bottom Line:
I've got the normal grey drop and the brian lopes drop, the first one seffured several hits, but my head remains intact (I think) It saved me of a good face-filing against flagstone. It is cracked but not broken, so still in use, and bought the brian lopez if in nearby term it brokes. Recommended! It also looks good in pictures.

Favorite Trail:   Les Gets

Similar Products Used:   661, prorider, the

Bike Setup:   2007 demo8 standard.

Submitted by highstandards a Weekend Warrior

Date Reviewed: June 21, 2009

Strengths:    Fit and style. Better protection than some of the lighter full face helmets. Not too hot.

Weaknesses:    A bit bukly but the bulk is required I guess.

Bottom Line:
A great helmet, most comparable to the remedy.

Similar Products Used:   Remedy, Deviant, TLD

Submitted by CdaleProph6 a Downhiller from Rochester Ny

Date Reviewed: February 20, 2009

Strengths:    Weight,styling, pads inside

Weaknesses:    none i can think of

Bottom Line:
This helmet is awesome...got the CG signature edition and the styling on it is wicked. super comfortable and quite the step up from my sixsixone pos....i feel like it sits in the bell/giro lineup right between the remedy and the remedy CF couldnt justify the CF helmet and this one matched the bike too which was great. the adjustability of the visor is great, and the visibility out of it is awesome too. overall happy with it and would reccomend it to anyone

Purchased At:   Bell direct

Similar Products Used:   SixSixone Comp,Giro remedy

Bike Setup:   SantaCruz Bullit RFR

Submitted by reegs a Weekend Warrior from Vancouver, BC, Canada

Date Reviewed: October 11, 2008

Strengths:    Very comfortable, high quality materials in the liner, nice fit, very light weight,and works like a charm with my pink and yellow 1980s smitty goggles

Weaknesses:    Ventilation could be a tad better

Bottom Line:
Why aren't more people talking about this lid?! The Drop is like a Lexus to the Bellistic's Toyota, an improvement on a good product with great attention to detail and finish. I got mine on sale for $120 CAN, but would have been happy to pay full price! Strongly reccomend.

Purchased At:   Simon's Bike Shop