Tifosi Forza Eyewear

• Glare Guard™ Glare Reducer to Decrease Eye Fatigue
  • 100% UVA & UVB Protection

Submitted by cesalec a Weekend Warrior from Mexico / Austria

Date Reviewed: August 31, 2009

Strengths:    Frame construction, super light, scratch resistant, fall resistant, photocromatic (no need to carry a complete set of lenses to change depending on riding conditions).

Weaknesses:    No ventilation to the lense! No sweat resistant!

Bottom Line:
This sunglasses are great, light, resistant to accidents, when clean the vision is perfectly clear and the transitions from Dark to Clear and the other way around are seamless, you don´t even notice it. I´ve drop them countless times in the asphalt and the mountain, and they just seem to stand all this with courage.
But there are downsides, for such sunglasses in the price range, with such a quality is unacceptable that they are not fog resistant at all, since they have no ventilation to the lens, riding in the Austrian alps by this time of the year means I spend more time trying to clean the fog than actually wearing them. There is a bigger problem though, the are not sweat resistant whatsoever, one sweat drop on the lens and that is it, no more clean vision for the ride, the microfiber bag, helps to clean them quite well, only if they are dry, but if wet it only makes matters worse =(

Favorite Trail:   Lanserkopf over the Vogelehütte (austrian alps)

Purchased At:   roseversand.de

Bike Setup:   Cube LTD CC
Reing 0

Submitted by Jeff from Monterey

Date Reviewed: November 13, 2007

Strengths:    Still as good as ever. Not too long ago, the Forzas actually fell from my shirt, and I rode over them at a cruising speed, but luckily, it actually survived, with only a little chip out, and by little I mean like the size of a period>>>. and what I really like, is that I found out, when I drop the glasses, (which I do a lot), the lenses are actually behind the frame, so only the frame touches the ground, which leaves me with a nice scratch free lense.

Weaknesses:    I'm convinced there are none, I'm sorry for the guy below me, he did probably get the bad pair from the batch....... always sucks.

Bottom Line:
Well, it's been about 3 months so far, and these glasses still preform exceptionally.

Submitted by Jacob Sprinkle from Flagstaff, AZ

Date Reviewed: September 12, 2007

Strengths:    good optics
snug, no-pinch fit

Weaknesses:    frame is twisted

Bottom Line:
I was disappointed when these otherwise outstanding glasses came with a twisted frame. I ordered two pairs at the same time, and both are slightly twisted in exactly the same way. it isn't enough to make me send them back, but it makes them uncomfortable for all-day wear. I wrote Tifosi about it, but they never responded. Hopefully I just happened to get two defective pairs.

Similar Products Used:   Rudy Project, Bolle

Submitted by Jeff Shen a Weekend Warrior from Monterey, CA

Date Reviewed: September 2, 2007

Strengths:    I love the sunglasses so far. The fiy very snugly, probably the best fitting pair of sunglasses I have worn that I can remember. They are very snug without pressure being too noticeable to the face. The fototec lenses are pretty neat. They work jsut as they do on the Tifosi site, which is pretty cool.

Weaknesses:    uhh, like all tifosi sunglasses, the lenses do easily come out if you pull on them....... well that owuld kind of make sense, but it's not like the lenses are permanently embeded in the lenses.

Bottom Line:
Extremmely good deal: $34.95, w/ shipping about $42. The sunglasses are said to be $60. I love these sunglasses, and will post a follwing review in a couple months. So far, these are doing great. The case and micro fiber bad is really super duper handy.

Purchased At:   Nashbar