Tifosi Dolomite Eyewear

2.75/5 (8 Reviews)
Weight : 26g MSRP : $37.99

Dolomite Tifosi Eyewear with interchangeable lenses and a customizable fit Made of GrilamidTR-90, a homopolyamide nylon characterized by an extremely high alternative bending strength, low density, and high resistanceTo chemical and UV damage Hydrophilic rubber ear and nose pieces for a no-slip fit 26 grams Fits mediumTo large faces TifosiTech Specs GrilamidTR-90 frame: a homopolyamide nylon characterized by an extremely high alternative bending strength, low density and

Submitted by dogscycletoo

Date Reviewed: December 4, 2012

Strengths:    Easy to change lens, and defogs pretty fast once you start moving again. Plus the PEARL WHITE frames are super sweet

Weaknesses:    ummmm it didnt come with the rose lenses that make riding in the woods sweet? Yeah I really have nothing.

Bottom Line:
I had a pair of glasses before from this company and they were great but like most mtbers, lost somewhere on the trail. Well in comes the Dolomite. Love the pearl white and the amazing lens that come with it. Cant wait to race with them. At night, these glasses do fog (when you stop and the heat builds up) but as soon as you start moving again they clear up. The way the lens are made are the key to this, excellent find and highly recommend. Deserves more then 2-3 chilies

Submitted by Ndegwa a Weekend Warrior from Nairobi

Date Reviewed: March 30, 2012

Strengths:    Fits perfectlly light

Weaknesses:    still trying them out

Bottom Line:
for the price not looking for prefection :)

Submitted by ranier a Cross Country Rider from Schonaich, Germany

Date Reviewed: June 28, 2011

Strengths:    fit

Weaknesses:    tendency to fog

Bottom Line:
I purchased the version with the orange backcountry fototec lens for commuting and trail riding. They do a decent job of adjusting to the light levels. The do tend to fog up when you stop and stand still for a while but if you keep moving the lenses keep clear. Perhaps more vents at the top of the lenses would do the trick.

These fit my face well without slipping down my face that happens with a lot of frames. They're relatively cheap compared to other brands like Oakley and they perform OK.

Favorite Trail:   Schwarzwald, Schonbuch

Purchased At:   online

Similar Products Used:   oakley, smith

Bike Setup:   steel with knobby tires

Submitted by jimziky a Weekend Warrior from san diego

Date Reviewed: January 8, 2011

Strengths:    fit, comfort, style

Weaknesses:    none so far

Bottom Line:
my favorites so far. look awesome, function perfectly.

Purchased At:   thrift store

Similar Products Used:   oakley, spy, style eyes, electic, hobie, specialized

Bike Setup:   aggressive xc

Submitted by surfboy73 a Cross Country Rider from Amsterdam

Date Reviewed: March 14, 2010

Strengths:    Lightweight

Weaknesses:    easily fogged

Bottom Line:
I got this pair of glasses for free with a magazine.
Other reviews show that these are superb. It even gor a mtb product of the year award !
I probably have a b-grade or fake product here because it is crap.

Favorite Trail:   Schoorl

Bike Setup:   Giant XTC composite

Submitted by timms a Cross Country Rider from Toronto, Canada

Date Reviewed: January 25, 2010

Strengths:    aesthetically, I thought they looked good, they fit my face pretty well.

Weaknesses:    fogged too easily, the fototec and polarized features were sub par. worst of all the optics weren't very good.

Bottom Line:
As I'm sure many do, I spent countless hours reading about sunglass "technology", I read about polarization and photo-chromatic (transitions) lenses. Tifosi was the only brand that offered both, I was able to try one on at a local store, they fit and looked good. I found a good sale on the dual purpose "fototec/polarized" model. I realized pretty quickly that they have a real tendency to fog up, it was actually really frustrating. honestly the performance of the fototec was feeble and the polarization questionable. most importantly, I felt the optics were unacceptable, having them on definitely changed my distance perception. overall not a good experience.

Favorite Trail:   Don Valley

Purchased At:   online

Similar Products Used:   none really, demoed some adidas and oakley stuff

Bike Setup:   building up a new one.

Submitted by leo_s a Cross Country Rider from denver, usa

Date Reviewed: July 12, 2009

Strengths:    Lightweight, inexpensive, interchangable lenses, sleek, cool-looking design

Weaknesses:    don't rest correctly on face/nose (I have an 'average' head; have never had these issues with any previous brand), because of their inability to correctly rest on the face they pivot from their contact at the ear and bounce up and down on the face/nose. Also, these shades totally fog up at the SLIGHTEST hint of perspiration. Once this happens, no matter how much you cool off, they'll stay fogged up the rest of your ride. It SUCKS. These shades have little vents in the lenses but I don't see what for. They fog up worse than any shades I've ever owned.

Bottom Line:
NOT worth buying in my estimation. Anti-fogging spray or something might help but not going to bother. I've had it with them. 2 chili's because you get so much product (frames, 3 sets of lenses, drawstring bag, hardcase) for so little money, but very poor performance issues overall.

Favorite Trail:   buff creek, steve's loop

Purchased At:   Lee's Bicycles, Tuls

Similar Products Used:   Oakley M frames, Oakley Canteens, Maui Jim.

Bike Setup:   SC Heckler, Fox Vanilla 125 RLC fork, Fox R ProPedal shock, Sram X.9 shifters/derailleurs.

Submitted by bikerbert a Racer from mtn view, ca

Date Reviewed: June 27, 2008

Strengths:    price, lense clarity, lightweight, comfortable, three sets of lenses, look cool

Weaknesses:    don't fit that snug over helmet straps, fog up pretty easily

Bottom Line:
These are great glasses for the price. If they fit better over helmet straps, and didn't fog up as easily, they'd be perfect. They feel like they are going to fall off, and I find myself constantly pushing them back to make sure they stay on.

Under the straps, life is better, but then they sit too close to the face, and sweat runs down them easily. I'll stick to my Smiths for riding/racing.

Off the bike, they are perfect. Lightweight, very comfortable, and pretty stylish. I've got a white pair and the glossy black ones. I like being able to swap the lenses, which is pretty easy to do. Bottomline is they are pretty serviceable, and would appeal to a pretty wide range of people.

If they fit better over helmet straps, they'd be at least 3/5 for performance.

Favorite Trail:   Saratoga Gap