Specialized Divide Optics Eyewear

4.5/5 (2 Reviews)

• Exclusive Specialized Adaptalite lens
  • NXT lens material
  • Lens and frame are designed
  • Molded Grilimid frame is light and durable
  • Adaptalite version and Non-Adaptalite NXT version

Submitted by jmcc19 a Weekend Warrior from Parsippany, NJ, USA

Date Reviewed: July 8, 2009

Strengths:    Full coverage and protection of the eyes. Great Optics. Comfortable. Light enough for trail riding in the evenings, and transitions darken the lens in daytime conditions. Style and price are good compared to similar products by other manufacturers.

Weaknesses:    Lenses fog up quickly when stopped.

Bottom Line:
I purchased these glasses after doing a lot of research, looking at Oakley, Tifosi, and others. My main concern was shielding my eyes from the wind, as I wear contacts and they quickly dry out when riding fast. I also needed a lens that I could wear in the evenings, when the lighting is very low in wooded areas. These sunglasses accomplish both goals with ease. In addition, the transition lenses allow me to wear these any time of day, they are quite comfortable, and I like the style compared to a lot of others I tried on. The price isn't quite a low as some brands, but it's no where near as high as others either. And included in the 140.00 I also got a hard case, which according to the website sells for 20.00.

The only issue I've had is that they tend to fog up very quickly as soon as I stop, but I imagine that's probably par for the course with full coverage sunglasses in humid NJ. They do clear up very quickly as soon as you start moving again due to the lens vents.

If you are looking for a pair of shades that you can ride with any time of day, are comfortable, and have full coverage against wind and debris, then I would certainly recommend the Specialized Divide. You'll have to spend a few bucks, but it's well worth it in my opinion.

Favorite Trail:   Allamuchy State Park

Purchased At:   Specialized.com

Submitted by Dan from UK

Date Reviewed: May 14, 2008

Strengths:    Fit, performance, anti-fogging, price plus comes complete with case cloth etc unlike Oakleys. Several pairs of glasses in one due to the adaptalite lense.

Bottom Line:
Quality pair of glasses at a very good price, I actually paid £70 instead of the list price of around £80. Bargain. Would definately recommend.