Rudy Project Zyon Eyewear

The ZYON is a full frame sunglass designed for the highest level of performance. This sculptural piece incorporates all the Rudy Project core featured for unsurpassed protection, superior optical ratings and unbelievable comfort: ultra-light Grilamid chassis, QuickChange interchangeable lenses, Ergo3Max fully adjustable nosepiece and 360° adjustable temple tips in hypoallergenic Megol. Most of all, the Zyon comes standard with proprietary patented side shields moulded in a special polymer which will ensure side protection against harmful sun rays, glare or debris.

Submitted by maleonardphi a Cross Country Rider from San Francisco

Date Reviewed: May 19, 2009

Strengths:    Lightweight, great lenses.

Weaknesses:    None so far

Bottom Line:
I used these for the first time at the BikeMonkey SoNoMas race over the weekend and man was I thankful I had them. I never wear glasses normally, because I everyother pair I've had got annoying when I got hot. I rarely even noticed these were on my face for the 4+ hours I was out there. Super light weight, comfortable, and the laser blue lenses were perfect for a sunny day. They did get a little dark in the heavily wooded areas, but after my eyes adjusted it was fine. I'll have to try the racing red lenses and see how those work out.

Favorite Trail:   Skeggs