Rudy Project Rydon - Rydon II Eyewear

4.5/5 (4 Reviews)

Submitted by Old Friend Jim a Cross Country Rider from Littleton, CO

Date Reviewed: July 28, 2010

Strengths:    Interchangable lenses, photochromatic lenses are fantastic

Weaknesses:    Could be more stylish, but they are a sports sunglass so...

Bottom Line:
These glasses are great. I have the Impact X - Photochromatic Red glasses which work great in all light conditions. I have ridden with these during bright days in Moab and Fruita where the glare can be intense as well as on rides that have extended into the evening or the night with lights. Previously I had to carry multiple sets of lens or glasses with me for some longer rides, now I only have to carry the pair I am wearing. The construction and durability of these glasses is great. They also do a fantastic job staying on my head, I don't ever notice them during a ride, which IMO is the way glasses should feel.

Similar Products Used:   Various Oakley

Bike Setup:   Santa Cruz Blur XC - XTR

Submitted by krisl6 a Weekend Warrior from Veendam, Netherlands

Date Reviewed: January 5, 2010

Strengths:    Very comfortable, don't slip, great lenses, lightweight

Weaknesses:    Price

Bottom Line:
These are definitely the best cycling glasses out there in my opinion. They're extremely comfortable and the Impact X photochromatic lenses are amazing. You don't notice them changing color in different light conditions at all. In fact you don't notice the glasses at all during a ride and to me that's the mark of a great pair of cycling glasses. It's also handy that they are perscription friendly if you need that. The only drawback may be the price, but I think they're well worth the money.

Purchased At:   Greving & Greving

Similar Products Used:   Lots

Submitted by sbmac a Weekend Warrior from Long Island NY

Date Reviewed: September 22, 2008

Strengths:    Light, strong, large field of view, no slipping, comfortable, make lenses with prescription.

Weaknesses:    A bit expensive, but any good glasses these days are I suppose.

Bottom Line:
I really like these, I got them (Rydon Carbon) in the photochromatic red lens. Great contrast in all light conditions, darken to a greyish-amber in full sun. The changing of the lenses is quick and you don't even notice it as it happens. The lenses and frames are as good as it gets....don't even come loose when you fly over the handlebars! (I found that out the hard way... OUCH!) No problems with helmet straps.

Submitted by Collin from SC

Date Reviewed: May 14, 2008

Strengths:    Fit, perscription lense insert will hold my lenses, warantee

Weaknesses:    Lenses scratch very easy, eye lashes touch the perscription lense inserts, one arm of frame broken for no good reason

Bottom Line:
I have had these for 1 1/2 years and at less than a year I had to get replacement lenses from scrathes, good side they only cost me $25 under their warrantee. I am ready for another set; they scratch very easy. On top of that one of the arms is broken so I suppose I will be giving Rudy another $20 for a replacement frame. At least they do have a good warantee program.

Favorite Trail:   FATS