Rudy Project Kerosene Eyewear

Submitted by eatdrinkride a Weekend Warrior from phx

Date Reviewed: January 26, 2012

Strengths:    Adjustable nose piece and temple pieces.

Weaknesses:    Poor design with the ear piece ends

Bottom Line:
Rudy Project Kerosene are overpriced CRAPOLLA. What a joke. After 4 or 5 months of wearing them only for mtb'ing (twice a week on average at best for me) the rubber ear pieces have completely come apart leaving pointy sharp metal to scratch my face every single time I attempt to put them on. I can't even put them on with one hand without damn near poking my eyes out. And forget about putting them on while having your helmet strapped on.

The problem is that the rubber extends past the inner metal rail by at least 4 or 5mm, it's soft and cannot possibly last b/c every time you put them on the ends can bend and flop around until they finally come apart.

No problem I thought. RP has 3 year warranty right? Wrong? Just now got off the phone with RP and dude said ear pieces are wear and tear item. I said, really? My $120 sunglasses will need new rubber every 4 months at my expense, seems like a crappy design". Of course c/s guy said this is the first he's ever heard of it. Whatever, complete lie I'm sure if he's worked there any length of time.
Anyhow it's only $9.99 to replace the rubber. Here's the catch. They also charge $20 just to look at them, even if it does turn out to be a warranty item it still cost's your $20 + shipping to get them there. So my 2 dollars worth of rubber will cost my around $38 every few months if you add up all the costs + shipping. Needless to say I'll never ever shop with RP again.

Favorite Trail:   Not Rudy Project