Home | Reviews | Eyewear | Ray

3.12/5 (17 Reviews)

Ray Ban Xray Sunglasses

Submitted by Harold a Weekend Warrior from Canada

Date Reviewed: June 23, 2008

Strengths:    Springy arms

Weaknesses:    Mine had no lenes

Bottom Line:
Not 3 bad

Favorite Trail:   Mountain

Purchased At:   on line

Similar Products Used:   Wireframe "optidress"

Bike Setup:   I only use the bike is the Boxster is VOR

Submitted by Wesely a Weekend Warrior from La Canada, CA

Date Reviewed: April 18, 2005

Strengths:    They looked really cool

Weaknesses:    the broke

Bottom Line:
I really Like x2o's by XRAY. Check em out at www.xrayeyewear.com you will be glad you went with these handmades

Similar Products Used:   XRAY Eyewear sunglasses, style X2O's Awesome comfort

Bike Setup:   downhill

Submitted by Joe from San Ramon, CA, US

Date Reviewed: August 25, 2004

Strengths:    Look nice

Weaknesses:    they broke on the side, real bummer for the price. Have found better for less expensive. with spring hinge and flexibility you can't get with cast injected glasses.

Bottom Line:
Get X-Ray Eyewear, look, feel, and hold up much better, for half the price

Similar Products Used:   X-Ray Eyewear sunglasses. Half the price, twice the quality. very flexible, durable and look tough.

Bike Setup:   K2

Submitted by Rod West a Weekend Warrior from Pullman, WA, USA

Date Reviewed: August 25, 2004

Strengths:    Look pretty decent

Weaknesses:    I thought they were the brand X-Ray eyewear sunglasses which are really nice. They look better and feel better, hand made with nice lenses, so I was a little disappointed in the ray bans.

Bottom Line:
For your money buy X-Ray Eyewear sunglasses, they are a new product and tricky to find right now but they are deffinitaly worth every cent

Similar Products Used:   Now I only use X-Ray Eyewear sunglasses, the rock

Submitted by Bob a Downhiller from New York, Manhattan,USA

Date Reviewed: August 6, 2001

Strengths:    look bloody amazing

Weaknesses:    look to good

Bottom Line:
these glasses are the best and anyone who says otherwise are complete idiots.nothing can compare tp the quality and the price. they fit me perfect!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Submitted by Joe from Ontario Canada

Date Reviewed: June 28, 2001

Strengths:    Very flexible and lightweight, the lenses are awesome.

Weaknesses:    not many, mine are a bit too big for me but thats my own fault.

Bottom Line:
they were definitely worth buying for $15 dollars (canadian currency). I definitely would not recomend these for anyone with a small head, I can tell you know they won't fit right.

Purchased At:   the store at which I work

Similar Products Used:   none, its definitely a different style of glasses

Bike Setup:   97 schwinn homegrown,

Submitted by Vince Gilbert a Downhiller from Fresno

Date Reviewed: September 7, 2000

Strengths:    Damn, with the xray lens, I can see everyone naked!

Weaknesses:    Too bad it broked. A lady slapped it off when I told her she has dark nipples.

Bottom Line:
Well, I would buy another pair if I had the money but it's just that I don't. I got sued too much for telling people their own privacies. I'm in dept 100,000,000 and thats my whole life. I'm going to sue Ray Ban for this!!!

Favorite Trail:   Death Role up in the Canons

Purchased At:   Gart Sports

Similar Products Used:   None like it!!!

Bike Setup:   Didn't need a bike, just cruised in my pental.

Submitted by jakub a Cross Country Rider from London Ont Canada

Date Reviewed: April 6, 2000

Strengths:    They were only $19.99 canadian

Weaknesses:    the lens broke where it touchs the frame. nothing super glue can't fix

Bottom Line:
I don't really like them, they don't fit every one. other then that piece of the lens that snapped of the lens is really good. i wouldn't buy another pair, but for $19.99 canadian it was worth trying them out.

Bike Setup:   Iron Horse ARS 7.0

Submitted by Dr. H a Weekend Warrior from CA

Date Reviewed: July 8, 1999

Strengths:
Cool looks and lightweight

Weaknesses:
Fogs up and smudges easy

Bottom Line:
I usually sweat a lot when I cycle and the dropletts of sweat smudges on the lenses. It makes it very difficult to see, especially on technical descents. Therefore, I no longer use these shades to mountain bike. They do look cool for other endeavors though (e.g., driving, walking). My cheap shades work way better. Even at $30.00, I would not recommend X-Rays for mountain biking. Two flames are for looks only. 0 flames for function.

6 months

Ion

Specialized Stumpjumper M2

Submitted by niky a Downhiller from kualalumpur

Date Reviewed: May 6, 1999

Strengths:
Xray Sunglasses

Weaknesses:
Xray Sunglasses

Bottom Line:
Xray Sunglasses

tested or demo'ed only

Submitted by Jokam from Texarkana

Date Reviewed: July 30, 1998

Bottom Line:

Ray Bans are the best even though I don't own any or ever intend on wearing these pieces of crap. From my personal experience Ray Bans will bust while riding your two wheeler. When they bust the glass gets in your eyes and stuff like that. You will not be able to see again and you'll have to quit riding for the day. I give them 8 thumbs up Eggbert.

Submitted by Jokam from Texarkana

Date Reviewed: July 30, 1998

Submitted by Shade Fan a weekend warrior from Mississippi

Date Reviewed: July 9, 1998

Bottom Line:

I thought the x-rays were good sunglasses, but they didn't fit me. I have some and they never fit on my face. If they would fit, i would give them four chilis, but mine don't fit. It covers a lot of your face, and the lens is of excellent quality. I did get a steal on them though. There is a shoe store at the Riviera Centre outlet mall in Foley, AL that sold me mine (new) for just $29.99. If you get some, get them there.

Submitted by mIKUs a cross-country rider from U.S.A.

Date Reviewed: June 7, 1998

Bottom Line:

I've had my x-rays for a couple of years now, and for the price($100), I expected more. Like one of the other reviewers, they slip down my nose when things get slightly bumpy or a little sweaty. However, I am very pleased with the quality of the lens. Mine has never broke, and I've dropped them several times. They are also very lightweight, and I love how my amber-colored lens makes it much easier to see in dense foilage and constantly changing light conditions in the forest. But, because of the nose slippage problem, they are nowhere near being raceworthy. A much superior set of eyewear is the Briko Zen. And why the hell do all of these sunglasses cost so damn much, anyway? I bet they don't cost much more than $3 each to make. I think the price range for high-end eyewear is just a complete load of bulldookie. If they were cheaper, I'd give them a higher rating.

Submitted by Svenne a cross-country rider from Sweden

Date Reviewed: April 14, 1997

Bottom Line:

X-rays SUCKS!!!!!
I've never used them myself, but they're so god damn uggly.
Buy OAKLEY instead!!!!!