Performance Procyon Multi-Lens Eyewear

• Lightweight and durable nylon frame
  • Polycarbonate decentered lenses eliminate prismatic distortion and provide greater optical clarity
  • Non-slip earpieces with adjustable no-slip rubber nosepiece
  • 100% UVA/UVB protection
  • Black, Metallic Grey, Red and Silver frames each come with three interchangeable lenses in Brown Flash Mirror, Amber Orange and Clear

• Review Options:  Sorted by Latest Review | Sort by Best Rating

Submitted by Thomas Thompson a Weekend Warrior from Long Beach, CA

Date Reviewed: December 9, 2007

Bottom Line:
    These comments are comparing Bolle and Performance with Rx inserts. It's more road oriented.

When I examine cost versus performance, including the optical Rx inserts, I’d give the edge to Performance.

When I examine suitability for cycling, especially for minimizing blind spots by having more coverage, I’d go with the Bolle Vigilante. The Performance don’t hug your face as well and since they’re smaller you might have a slight problem when looking behind you or stuff coming in from the peripheral. You need to try both on and see if that is a factor for your face.

When I examine wearing the glasses off the cycle, I’d go with the Performance because the Bolle Vigilantes are huge. I didn’t realize how huge they were until I saw a few old photos of me in them. Ugghhh.

One minor annoying thing about the Procyons is the rubber sleeves for the temple bars tend to fall off and want to get lost.

I’ve got a huge head, so I never tried the Paroles since they’re listed as being for smaller heads and faces.

On both the Bolles and Performances I bought two pairs since replacement lens are not easy to get and you tend to trash one type of lens fastest. Your big investment is the Rx insert, so you want spare outer lens. Pick different frame colors.

Look carefully at the cost of the Rx insert and having it filled by the place you’re buying it from. I had the prescription done by Wal-Mart for my Procyons and it would have been cheaper to just do the whole thing through Performance at time of purchase.

Purchased At:   Performance