Optic Nerve Shindig Sunglasses w/ 3 lenses Eyewear

Submitted by nonparrishable a Weekend Warrior from LaGrange, KY, USA

Date Reviewed: June 1, 2010

Strengths:    Interchangable lenses. Work well, have held up well.

Weaknesses:    I've found none. Fragility when changing lenses would be my only POSSIBLE weakness.

Bottom Line:
They have held up quite well for me over 3+yrs. The interchangable lenses are useful. I'm careful when I change lenses as this seems to be the moment in which they are most likely to break. If I needed a spare or two, I'd buy them again, but I've never had justification to buy a spare yet.

Favorite Trail:   Brown County State Park (IN)

Purchased At:   Nashbar

Submitted by Colin from SLO, CA, USA

Date Reviewed: February 3, 2007

Strengths:    Great shape, block wind well, amber/rose lenses are great

Weaknesses:    they are very cheaply made

Bottom Line:
The rose lenses are great as is the shape. For my face they do an amazing job keeping the wind out of my eyes and the rose color lenses are great in both bright sun and in the shade. They would have been my favorite glasses ever if they weren't so poorly made. Mine were misformed where you insert the lens so it one side went in easily but the other was nearly impossible. I actually had to carve the lens down to fit. If you get these I highly reccomend not to change the lenses out often, they will not last.
The top of the frame cracked when I was cleaning them. I super glued it. Then the rubber half of the ear fell off so the side didn't go over my ear. The color of the lens and the shape were so good that I put tape on the side so the plastic didn't dig into my scalpe and I kept using them. I have 4 other pairs of much more expensive glasses but none are as good of a shape/lens color. Then the superglue let go and they broke in half.
For $30 I might just get another pair or two.

Favorite Trail:   secret