Oakley C Wire Eyewear

3.4/5 (5 Reviews)

When the sun's glare becomes too much, slip on the Oakley C Wire Sunglasses. Its simple design, smooth contours, and quality components make you wonder what you ever used before. The Plutonite lens with Iridium coating filters out 100 percent of all UV rays and balances light transmission so you can see the hottie across the street checking you out or the biker dude heading straight for you on the sidewalk. Otherwise, you hardly even notice this super-lightweight shades, and Oakley Three-Point f

Submitted by eric a Weekend Warrior from La Habra, Ca. USA

Date Reviewed: September 9, 2006

Strengths:    Oakley quality and optics.

Weaknesses:    They don't last forever.

Bottom Line:
Why are ppl using these for cycling? Hmm let me use a multi-use bike on a hard single track with drop offs. Yes the bike will do it but not well and probably destroy the rims. Get it? Use them for what they are designed for.

Bike Setup:   Sugar 1

Submitted by Mr. Lumberg a Cross Country Rider from Mesa, AZ

Date Reviewed: December 13, 2005

Strengths:    Looks.
Oakley name still impresses people (I'm still trying to figure out why.)
Hinge design.

Weaknesses:    Price.
Frame bends easily.
Lenses.

Bottom Line:
I'm too embarrassed to admit to how much I paid for these. I can't remember the last time I've ever been so far away from getting my hard-earned money's worth on a "high end" item. I decided to go ahead and take the plunge becase of what I'd heard about their lenses and customer service. I do in fact remember being happy with them for the first couple of weeks. Then I started to notice that the way the arms folded onto each other was putting a very noticeable bend in the frame, even though if they were not on my face they were in the pouch and inside of a not-included Oakley hard zipper case. It got to the point that they would sit at a slant across my face, and the twist would never come out once it set in.
The lenses aren't close to being all they're cracked up to be. They scratched easily, and after about 8 mos. the coatings on one of the lenses started to peel at the top. Never were they dropped, and I always kept them clean. When they finally got stolen, they were replaced with a pair of Ray-Bans, and I will never give any of my money to Oakley again. I had much better luck with the crappy $30 Fossils I bought these to replace. I wish there was a zero for value; I'll give a 2 overall 'cause they do look slick as hell.

Purchased At:   Sunglass Designs

Similar Products Used:   Ray Ban
Fossil

Bike Setup:   Yeti Koko

Submitted by Adam Warren a Cross Country Rider from Princeton, NJ USA

Date Reviewed: September 18, 2003

Strengths:    Good looks.

Weaknesses:    Horrible glare, poor fit, lenses scratch easily, customer support is non existent. One week after buying these one of the lenses came out of the frame. Oakley would not replace it, they advised that I had to ship them back and wait 4 to 6 weeks for repair. I took them to a local optical store who fixed them for me. Used them for about 5 more months before finaly investing in a better set of Rudy Poject Freeon's. The Freeon's are 100 times better and were cheaper.

Bottom Line:
I would never buy an oakley product again; a complete waste of money.

Favorite Trail:   Any

Similar Products Used:   Project Rudy Freeon

Bike Setup:   Trek Fuel 100

Submitted by Lewis from England

Date Reviewed: September 13, 2002

Strengths:    Very Smart and strong since i keep on dropping them, the spring hinges work a treat when putting them on because it stops you from sticking the arm's in to your face.

Weaknesses:    They dont sit on the top of my head very well, they always slip down. You need a normal size head other wize the glasses look to small

Bottom Line:
Im gonna buy the X-metal Penny's with the polished frames. They look the Dog's Naggers.

Similar Products Used:   X-Metal Juliet. They are too big for my head, they look stupid on me.

Bike Setup:   Specalized RockHopper A1 FS Comp. With a lot of Sweet components. Bommers, Hope 4DH Front, Big'Un Hub, Mammoth Rims.

Submitted by Lance Dumard a Downhiller from Dallas, TX

Date Reviewed: March 26, 2002

Strengths:    Look Good, Great Colour Variety, Clear Lenses

Weaknesses:    Brittle, Not very Durable

Bottom Line:
Great Shades if you've got the $$$$$

Favorite Trail:   Hells Backbone