Home | Reviews | Eyewear | Nike

Nike Interchange Round Eyewear

3.92/5 (12 Reviews)

• The unique lens interchange tab lets you customize your lens color without leaving smudges or fingerprints.
  • Nike Max Lens technology, developed in conjunction with SOLA Optics, delivers precision vision in all angles of view.
  • A ventilated nosebridge improves airflow to virtually eliminate lens fogging.

• Review Options:  Sorted by Latest Review | Sort by Best Rating

Submitted by Dan a Cross Country Rider from TO, Ca

Date Reviewed: May 20, 2005

Strengths:    Light, durable, quick lens change, and they don't slip.

Weaknesses:    They will fog up when you stop.

Bottom Line:
    These glasses have been great for me.

They are extremely light and the nose piece is very comfortable. I have never had trouble with these slipping down my nose. They fit tightly, but do not pinch my head. I have dropped them countless times and they have held up very well. The lenses have gotten scratched from all of the drops, but I don't consider that a weakness of the glasses. I have even dropped my tailgate on them (they were on the bumper) and the only thing that happened was the lenses popped out without damaging the frame or lenses. I also haven't had a problem with sweat pooling in them like other full framed glasses. They also come with spare lenses. Mine came with orange that work well in low light (cloudy,dawn or dust) rides.

They will fog up when you stop like all other glasses I have tried, but clear up when you get some wind going again.

I used to wear the blades exclusively because there is no frame at the bottom to allow sweat to pool. The blades pinched my head though and I couldn't stand looking like an 80's "Bad Boy Club" member!!!

If you like lightweight, durable glasses at an acceptable (to me) price, these are for you. If you like heavy, fragile and overly expensive glasses, go elsewhere!!=D

Favorite Trail:   Overlook

Purchased At:   sun glass hut

Similar Products Used:   oakley blades, 20's and Ray Ban wrapped arounds.

Bike Setup:   Blur, 5th, talas, mostly xtr

Submitted by Robbi from Dallas, TX, USA

Date Reviewed: February 18, 2004

Strengths:    They do not slide. I have used mine to mountain bike, play softball and to ride my motorcycle. It really sucks when you have to continually push your glasses back. these don't move.

Weaknesses:    They fog up sometimes.

Bottom Line:
    I like 'em and recommend them if you are really active.

Favorite Trail:   RCP

Similar Products Used:   You name it, I've owned it.

Bike Setup:   Bridgestone MB6

Submitted by Ryan D a Cross Country Rider from Bethany, Oklahoma

Date Reviewed: November 21, 2003

Strengths:    Durable, lightweight, flexible, soft nose grip, protects full eye.

Weaknesses:    Fogs up when you stop.

Bottom Line:
    I love these glasses. The reason they fog up is because they fit so tightly to the contours of your face. If you don't want them to fog up then don't stop. These things are not frail like some people say. I'm 200 pounds and I couldn't count how many times I've sat on mine and thought I'd surely crush them. Every time they've pulled out unscathed. They've also fallen off while riding and hit rocks, dirt, concrete...you name it. Each and every time they're fine. I just can't destroy them. I've definately got my money's worth so far. Five chili peppers from me!

Favorite Trail:   Roman Nose

Purchased At:   Academy (buy them somewhere else)

Similar Products Used:   Tried on Spy wear etc.

Bike Setup:   Ellsworth Isis, Cane Creek AD10, LX/XT/XTR, Bontrager Race Discs and Avid mechanicals and Rock Shox Psylo SL on the way.

Submitted by David a Cross Country Rider from Dallas, TX, USA

Date Reviewed: September 26, 2003

Strengths:    Appearance, interchangeable lenses.

Weaknesses:    Flimsy frame (broke just putting them on). Fogs when stopping. Poor customer service.

Bottom Line:
    Don't waste your money, even if it's a good deal. Nike should stick to tricky shoes and trickier commercials. Even casual use will break these frames.

Bike Setup:   Fisher Big Sur

Submitted by Andrew from Anchorage

Date Reviewed: June 12, 2003

Strengths:    Comfortable, fits my face well, interchangeable lenses of good quality, looks good.

Weaknesses:    Easily breakable frame. I keep it in the front pocket of my backpack, and one day I take it out and find that the frame broken near the hinge on both sides. (Similar to what another reviewer found for the square model.) I just ordered a replacement frame for $32. The warranty is stinks at just one year. It sometimes fogs up when I am going hard, but this happens with any glasses for me, so I don't expect any better.

Bottom Line:
    Nice design except for weak frame. Very weak warranty. I took care of it nicely - no scratches or anything - but it still broke on me with normal use. I'm quite sure that Nike knows how weak the frame is and they should have included a hard case for protecting it rather than a fabric sack. I hated ordering and paying for a replacement frame, but it's cheaper than getting a new pair. I should have researched the warranty before buying, especially since it was expensive. I won't buy again except at a big discount.

Submitted by Craig a Cross Country Rider from Canada, eh

Date Reviewed: June 2, 2003

Strengths:    Nice looking. Interchangeable lenses are great. Maxim rated these highly on looks and durability (shot BB at lens and frame).

Weaknesses:    Fogs up, but use some spit a la diving mask, or a defogger, and you're all set.

Bottom Line:
    Great glasses, and you can find them for super cheap on eBay. You can order extra lenses for $20 US, so you don't have to worry about ruining your glasses if you scratch them. They have different colours too: yellow, clear, vermillion for pilots/golfers, etc.

I don't notice a problem with my periferal vision, that guy's probably got a huge head. :)

Definitely worth looking into. I'm pleased as punch.

PS: If you're keen on a different lens or frame, you can just buy another pair at Sunglasses hut, and return the lenses/frame you don't want. Some of the styles have a cool silver or green mirroring, if you're into that.

Purchased At:   eBay

Similar Products Used:   Nike Interchange Square. Returned these because they sat on my face funny, read my review on this site.

Bike Setup:   Old grey Kona Firemountain

Submitted by Ben Seyfarth a Cross Country Rider from Chicago, IL

Date Reviewed: October 21, 2002

Strengths:    Good trail definition, fit well, and changeable lenses allow for different conditions.

Weaknesses:    Expensive, and close fit hurts peripheral vision. I've only had trouble with them fogging when snowboarding.

Bottom Line:
    I ride on the streets during the week and trails on weekends (went car-free two years ago). My biggest gripe with the glasses is that the frame cuts down my peripheral vision some, forcing me to turn around further to check blind spots than I would otherwise. Amber lenses are great for trails, working like ski goggles in flat light. Product recommendation suggests not wearing the lenses at night, but I've found they do a good job of keeping the wind from drying my contacts, so I wear them whenever I'm riding. Despite what others have posted, I've found the ventilation through the nosepiece keeps lenses from fogging in all but very cold (more because of the facemask, probably) or rainy or humid weather. At ~$100 they're more than I wanted to spend, and I was a little nervous about buying Nike glasses (sure they make great shoes, but glasses???). Have been pleasantly surprised. I rate 'em a 3 for the high cost, but overall a four for features, comfort, and usability.

Favorite Trail:   many

Purchased At:   SunglassHut

Similar Products Used:   Many - Oakley Full Metal Jackets (broke), Ray Ban Terminators (broke).

Bike Setup:   Trek 8000 w/ Time clips

Submitted by Bert a Weekend Warrior from Lafayette, LA USA

Date Reviewed: September 17, 2002

Strengths:    Lightweight, interchangeable lenses, good fit

Weaknesses:    fogging when stopped, have to remove lenses to really get grime off

Bottom Line:
    I like these glasses. I agree with some of the other reviewers that this product fogs up when you stop. I have a small face so it is hard to find glasses that will stay on, but these have no problem. I would recommend these to anyone who is just starting to bike, but what for a sale.

Favorite Trail:   Kincaid, Chicot

Purchased At:   Sunglass Hut

Similar Products Used:   oakley

Bike Setup:   Gary Fisher Sugar

Submitted by Chris a Weekend Warrior from Grand Rapids

Date Reviewed: July 10, 2002

Strengths:    Looks great, easily change from lens to lens, great contrast and definition on the trail

Weaknesses:    Minimal fogging when sweating and stopping.............. but then again, should you really be stopping in the middle of the ride.

Bottom Line:
    These glasses are performers, they give you great contrasts and definition in the trails, no real visual blockage from the frame and the frame stays put during the ride. After the ride, pop in the dark tints and chill with the Molson!! Will knock off a value b/c it's NIKE and we have to help pay for the advertising and professional payroll.

Favorite Trail:   Yankee Springs

Purchased At:   Galyans

Similar Products Used:   Oakleys and cheaper stuff.

Bike Setup:   Univega and C'dale F500 mostly stock 'cept the 747's under the feet.

Submitted by Luke D a Weekend Warrior from Melbourne, Australia

Date Reviewed: June 10, 2002

Strengths:    Comfortable,
    wrap around a lot
    not much distortion
    i havnt had them ever fog up
    look good
    interchangable lens system
    good grips on nosepiece

Weaknesses:    only comes with 2 lenses
    no rubber grips on arms, which can make it uncomfortable
    expensive

Bottom Line:
    great glasses but could use some rubber grips on arms and should come with more lenses. they are comfortable, dont distort and dont fog up. good for riding.

Favorite Trail:   lots

Purchased At:   Myer

Similar Products Used:   just cheap things

Bike Setup:   old norco hartail frame with judys and f disk

Submitted by Kiva a Cross Country Rider from Chico, CA USA

Date Reviewed: April 29, 2002

Strengths:    look good; interchangable lenses

Weaknesses:    flimsy crap; completely non-adustable; fog very easily

Bottom Line:
    If i didn't get these for free, i'd be really ticked. First pair broke at the hinge. Second pair at some point got tweaked, as the left eyepiece was pushed against my face and the right one was pushed out. I took them into sunglass hut & a local optical store for adjustement - sunglass hut said "we don't adjust these - the frame is too light"...the local optical shop was a little more blunt: "these are crap; the frame is so flimsy i can't adjust it. If i heat it up, it'll melt."

the good part is that i was able to send them back for another pair with little problem. The replacement pair is also a bit crooked, but not nearly as bad. They fog up every time i'm sweaty and i stop moving.

Basically, i'm just putting up with them until i find something else. these are crap and i was told so by sunglass dealers....unless you get them for under $40, i'd avoid them...i'm rating them 1 chili for value, since most people are going to pay $75+, and i'll give 2 for overall, since they do look okay...still, they're crap...

Favorite Trail:   Upper Bidwell

Purchased At:   Niketown.com

Submitted by jordan shiraki a Cross Country Rider from aiea hawaii USA

Date Reviewed: April 26, 2002

Strengths:    Looks cool. Very little distortion. Interchangable lens. Amber lens are great for riding durring early morning or in the afternoon. They make it really easy to see the trails. Worth every penny!

Weaknesses:    It's really humid in hawaii so my sunglasses tend to fogs up when i'm riding hard. There is some distortion.

Bottom Line:
    Great sunglasses and worth every penny! Excelent for any types of riding. Amber lens are my favorite cuz they really bring out the contrast when i'm riding. Way better than the minutes! 2 lens! Great buy! Go and get urself one.

Purchased At:   sunglasshut