Native Eyewear Throttle Eyewear

Weight : 0.72oz MSRP : $88.95

When you want the to step up to polarized optics, reach for the medium fit wrap-around frame of the Native Throttle Sunglasses. Protect your eyes from the sun's intense glare with the Native Eyewear's comfortable wrap-around frames and polarized lenses. When the clouds roll in, quickly swap out the Throttle's polarized lenses for the low-light or Sportflex lenses (sold separately). When the going gets bumpy, expect the Throttle Sunglasses to stay in place thanks to head-hugging Cushionoid rubber

Submitted by Ben a Cross Country Rider from Hayden, ID

Date Reviewed: April 12, 2008

Strengths:    Excellent optical clarity, polarization cuts glare dramatically, FIT is like nothing else I've tried, my contacts don't dry out while bombing downhill wearing these, these sunglasses don't slip or slide down. Worth the extra money.

Weaknesses:    Clear smoke plastic frame took a little getting used to, but I like it now.

Bottom Line:
I am happy to be the first to review these stellar sunglasses. Usually, I can't get nylon/plastic frame sunglasses to fit me at all and have to resort to wire rims that bend and slide when riding. My requirements are good fit, polarized lenses, clear optics, and a lens that darkens without altering color perception.

After trying on a dozen different sunglasses from Oakley, Smith, and other Natives, I finally settled on these. The fit is phenomenal for my face shape, with no ocular gaps to cause glare or let in too much air. They have rubber nose-peices that don't slip and single molded contoured earpieces that hold onto my head nicely without being uncomfortable or causing ear abrasion. The "Smoke Reflex" polarized lenses are distortion free and razor sharp. Lens tint is consistent through the field of vision and does not distort colors. The frames do have ventilation, and the lenses did clear fog fairly fast when stopped in cooler weather.

So far I'm extremely happy and I am notoriously difficult to please with sunglasses. Those with medium sized faces, who like full coverage, like polarization, and need sunglasses that will stay firmly in place should take a look at these.

Purchased At:   REI

Similar Products Used:   Polaroid, Coyote. Tried Oakley and Smith but didn't like the fit.