Kaenon Kurb Eyewear

With its dramatically dropped brow bar and optical stainless steel hinges, the Kurb is designed for universal versatility. Made from the same lightweight, durable material as the Kaenon Kore, this sunglass is great for sports enthusiasts and competitive activity at any level. Whether you’re fly fishing on a cloudy morning or charging on your mountain bike in varying light conditions, the Kaenon Kurb will meet your needs. The Kurb lens utilizes Kaenon’s new Light Transmission Control (LTC) technology for greater performance in varying degrees of light.
  • SR-71 lenses w/Glare86 Polarizing technology
  • Tint: Grey
  • Light Transmission Level (LTL): 40
  • 8.25 base lens curve for max wrap and rake
  • Recessed Variflex nose pads for comfort and secure fit
  • Comfortably fits natural shape of your head

• Review Options:  Sorted by Latest Review | Sort by Best Rating

Submitted by jack from san francisco

Date Reviewed: November 9, 2003

Strengths:    The BEST lenses I've ever seen through! The staff at Lombardi's recommended Kaenon for the lens - they said something about optical clarity of Glass and shatter-proof like Polycarbonate. All I know is these lenses are fantastic. I wear the Yellow 35 lens on the trails and it's great for going between sunny spots and shadows. Terrific color-contrast. This polarized yellow tint doesn't make me feel like I put my finger in an electric socket (like other non-polarized yellow tints do). Instead it makes the trail terrain super crystal clear, and it's very easy on my eyes.

Weaknesses:    NONE! I've paid a lot more $$ for other sunglasses that did not perform as well as these.

Bottom Line:
    I guess Kaenon is a new brand - it's certainly the best sunglass I've ever purchased. Highly recommend 'em!

Purchased At:   Lombardi's

Similar Products Used:   Oakley, Smith, Rudy Project

Submitted by Dave from San Francisco

Date Reviewed: October 3, 2002

Strengths:    My Kaenon Kurbs rock! My favorite is the Kurb, but I use my Kore's for mountain biking. I have been a long-time Oakley user and I initially checked out the Kaenon's because I heard their founders left Oakley to start Kaneon. Well, they have certainly delivered a superior product as my Oakley shades never leave my top dresser drawer. The optics are a step up from Oakleys and I won't even compare style. Unless u want fire flames on your sunglass frames, clean it up and try the Kurb.

Weaknesses:    Hard to find in stores. Bought mine in SoCal.

Bottom Line:
    These are legit shades. Look great and the optics are the best I've had.

Purchased At:   Huntington Surf and Sport

Similar Products Used:   Many different Oakleys

Submitted by michael littman a Weekend Warrior from new york, ny us

Date Reviewed: September 14, 2002

Strengths:    The new kaenon eyeglasses have great lenses for outdoor wear.They fit snug and stay on if your active a major plus.
    I like the new style as well very unique look.

Bottom Line:
    buy it you ll like it

Similar Products Used:   oakley revo arnette carrera

Bike Setup:   catrell carbon fiber 500

Submitted by Jim Senske a Weekend Warrior from Miami, CA USA

Date Reviewed: September 3, 2002

Strengths:    Great feel while wearing them.

Weaknesses:    The West Marine store I bought them out was out of them! I had to wait until the next shipment.

Bottom Line:
    Best bang for the buck of any sunglasses I have ever had. The lenses on these are great on the eyes. I used them a lot Mountain Biking in Santa Barbara, California, and they always helped me pick up details on the trail. I have sinced moved to Miami, and have been sailing a lot. I found that Kaenon's glasses are equally effective on the water, helping me to see upcoming chop clearly, and I never go sailing without them. Excellent glasses.

Purchased At:   West Marine

Similar Products Used:   Oakley

Submitted by Fred a Weekend Warrior from San Francisco, CA, USA

Date Reviewed: August 30, 2002

Bottom Line:
    I have had my Kaenon's for nearly 8 months. I have two sets of lenses (Copper-28 and Yellow-35) for my Kaenon Kurb tortus shell frames. I prefer the Kaenon Kurb with Yellow-35 polarized lenses. They are awsome for mixed or varying sunlight conditions common to the San Francisco Bay area. The yellow-35 lenses are essential to improved vision during low-light conditions (fog and haze.) The yellow-35 lenses enhance color differentiation and detail. The polarization used in Kaenon's lenses are superior to the SPY's that I previously wore. The style of the Kaenon Kurb lends to its versatility- looking sharp for any professional, social or sporting event. The most comfortable pair of polarized sunglasses that I have worn in the past 15 years.