Kaenon Kore Eyewear

4.65/5 (17 Reviews)

The Kaenon Kore Polarized Sunglasses are made with high-quality materials and designed for those who take their outdoor sports seriously. Whether you're playing a friendly game of volleyball or kite surfing on the sand flats, you'll appreciate the Kore's light and durable frame. These Kaenon sunglasses also use SR-91 Light Transmission Control polarized lenses for supreme optical quality and excellent contrast in a variety of lighting conditions. Ear and nose pads hold the Kore Sunglasses in pla

Submitted by Seattle Native a Weekend Warrior from Sea, WA, USA

Date Reviewed: September 17, 2010

Strengths:    WOW!.. Like them much better than Maui Jim... Price is almost equal but Kaenons really rock..

Weaknesses:    Costly item but if you get them onsale.... BUY!

Bottom Line:
They are on sale at Whole Earth Provision Company in Austin for 30% off whats in stock - only until Sunday 9-17-10. I called the store from Seattle (since I was flying into the area)and bought them over the phone to take advantage of the discount. The staff held my purchase until I was in the neighborhood.. Incredible and polite staff! Went that extra mile for my purchase!

You can get them at REI with the 20% off member coupon since they never go sale there.

Favorite Trail:   LOve TZrail Mix

Purchased At:   Whole Earth Provisio

Similar Products Used:   Maui Jim, Bolle, Native

Submitted by Summitshade.com a Weekend Warrior from Denver, CO USA

Date Reviewed: February 6, 2010

Strengths:    These glasses are amazing. Super comfortable fit!

Bottom Line:
I would highly recommend these to anyone looking for great performance and comfort to be purchased at www.summitshade.com located in Denver CO

Purchased At:   www.summitshade.com

Submitted by flyinryan2 a Cross Country Rider from Elkader, IA

Date Reviewed: August 4, 2008

Strengths:    wow, that's all I can say about the super clear, easy on the eyes, high performance, polarized lenses from Kaenon. They do it right, function first. I'm sort of sunglasses buff and like to try different styles and do lots of research before buying glasses and these are the best quality I've ever seen. I like the 3 different lens sizes you can get to match your face and the different lens types depending on your usage. Very high quality. I've never had to squint in bright light in these even though you can see my eyes through the lenses when looking at me. I use the Copper 12 lens and it really makes things vibrant and enhances my depth perception. Great for driving too.
Frames are nicely shaped and are super strong with lots of grippy rubber on the nosepiece and temple ends.

Weaknesses:    Okay, I can't read my cyclocomputer LCD because the polarized lenses filter that light out. I just look down underne
ath the lenses that way I don't even have to move my head. They are expensive.
Mirror coating on front of lenses can be scratched fairly easily so take care of them.
Don't come in too many frame colors, but black is always cool.

Bottom Line:
If you want some athletic glasses that are super strong with function over form, get these. If you want the lightest, strongest, clearest lenses around, get these. If you want to get a set of sunglasses that will do many different activities, get these. I don't know what your eyes are worth but I figure a pair of these are worth every penny.

Favorite Trail:   all of 'em

Similar Products Used:   Bolle', Rudy Projects (love them too), Oakley, Arnet before they went had to change to Arnette, Maui Jim's, Ray Ban.

Bike Setup:   Two wheels and a frame!

Submitted by Ed a Cross Country Rider from TX

Date Reviewed: October 2, 2007

Strengths:    Best optics than any other SG tried
Will remain in place no matter what
Excellent peripheral coverage

Weaknesses:    Not available in my LBS

Bottom Line:
Try them if you can find them

Favorite Trail:   Cameron Park, Waco, TX

SID
Chris King custom wheels by Max N

Submitted by Koa from Maui, Hawaii, US

Date Reviewed: July 16, 2007

Strengths:    High quality lenses, rubber nose grip as well as grips over the ears. Stay on no matter what. I paddle in rough water with these and they never move and while im biking they dont hug the face like some glasses do so they do not fog.

Weaknesses:    none that i can think of.

Bottom Line:
great glasses for active people. once you put them on everything seems like ultra high definition and no glare. if you got the money buy them. my bro in law is sponsored by kaenon so i get free shades whenever i ask him.

Favorite Trail:   Dont know yet

Similar Products Used:   arnettes

Submitted by David a Weekend Warrior from NJ

Date Reviewed: October 10, 2006

Strengths:    Everything! Great optical quality, amazing underwater vision, extremely good depth perception, cuts almost all glare, no fogging, comfortable, stay on your face, and flexible. Also very lightweight and durable.

Weaknesses:    None!

Bottom Line:
Best sunglasses ever used! Worth 500 in my opinion! Buy it! E-mail me at davejeon02@gmail.com if you want to know where you can get them for 80. I use these for everything, driving, fishing, boating, cycling, etc. It is a great product for all to use! Their very durable!

Similar Products Used:   Oakleys, Arnette, Maui Jim, Costa Del Mar, Smith

Submitted by Dennis a Cross Country Rider from Los Angeles, CA

Date Reviewed: March 30, 2006

Strengths:    Great lenses, polarized, excellent clarity.

Weaknesses:    Dated look

Bottom Line:
These have some amazing lenses. Very high quality, no distortion, good polarization, perfect amount of tint. And the lenses have good coverage, though the large sizes touch my cheek a little. I typically wear large sunglasses but would probably be better off with the medium. The lens size is the only difference between the large, medium and small. The fit and finish do feel cheap but I think it's because the frame is very flexible. It's meant not to break and it hasn't. They've survived a few spills. My only complaint is the style. The look is a bit dated. But I'll keep wearing them since the optics are so great.

Purchased At:   Ebay

Similar Products Used:   Smith, Ray Ban, Coyote

Submitted by Fred Toms a Racer from Seattle, Wa

Date Reviewed: May 16, 2005

Strengths:    Lenses are fairly sharp, fit is good

Weaknesses:    quailty - fit and finish - is very very iffy for a $180 pair of glasses, more like $20 glasses off the rack.

Bottom Line:
really not worth the costs. much better glasses out there for the price.

Purchased At:   Seattle Sunglasses

Similar Products Used:   oakleys, ray bans, smith, rudy project

Submitted by Paul White a Cross Country Rider from Bend, Oregon

Date Reviewed: November 18, 2004

Strengths:    -Fit
-Lenses (Sick!)
-Looks
-Lightweight
-Range of lenses sizes and tints/colors

Weaknesses:    -Pricey (but well worth it)
-They never go on sale! I shopped around at many different dealers online and brick and mortar stores and waited patiently for a markdown. I got the same answer everywhere: Because of an agreement with the manufacturer, dealers are not allowed to put them on sale. Bummer. I would gladly pay more for them however

Bottom Line:
Where do I start, the other reviews don't lie. These are the best sunglasses available, period. The fit is so incredibly light and snug. Ive taken some big tumbles and they have never fallen off. I have a small head and many glasses are a bit loose but these were perfect but not tght. I lent them to a friend who is 250lbs (big head!) and he felt the same thing. I dont know how they did it, but they did it right. Even better than the fit are the lenses. They are incredible. You have to see through them to believe it. I thought Maui Jim had the best lenses but not anymore. I've used the copper 12 and gray 12 lenses while fishing, sailing, cycling and skiing and they are flat out incredible. The glare reduction is sweet and the clarity is so crisp. A friend of mine (avid outdoorsman) got the prescription lenses on my recommendation and after a day he swore something was wrong with them. Three days later he called me back and realized the problem. He was no longer squinting like he had with all his other glasses. What else can I say? Great job Kaenon, when are you goin public???

Favorite Trail:   Anything steep, wet, or white

Purchased At:   Online at kaenon.com

Similar Products Used:   You name it, ive bought it.

Bike Setup:   Ive had it all.

Submitted by Forrest Arakawa a Downhiller from Pleasant Hill Ca.

Date Reviewed: February 24, 2004

Strengths:    Fit well on face. Do not slide or slip as most eyewear does. Top of lens fits just at the top of your brow so you have a larger field of vision. The top of of the Kaenon's do not touch the brow allowing for sweat to drip down the lens. Lenses are very abrasion resistant. They are very lightweight yet strong.

Weaknesses:    None... Well if anything cost... But that's not really a weakness. Sometimes the rubber earpiece came off, but they have since fixed that problem.

Bottom Line:
My buddy Jon Lally had a pair of Kaenon's on last year... He asked me to try them on while we were riding... We were riding a steep rocky DH trail in the East Bay... The Kaenon's performed far beyond my expectations. I've had problems in the past with most eyewear, usually it's the fit, I just can't get them to stay on my head. That is not the case with Kaenon. I've never lost a pair nor have they even come loose while riding. They feel like they were form fit to my face. I'm not kidding when I say this: BUY KAENON EYEWEAR, you will not be let down!!!!!

Favorite Trail:   Palos

Similar Products Used:   Everything you can think of.

Bike Setup:   DHR, White Bros DH Fork, Fox AVA rear, Hayes Mag HD, Easton Monkeylite DH, WTB Rims, Hadley hubs, WTB Tires, WTB Saddle, WTB Grips, King HS, Thomson Post, Thomson Stem, Truvativ Holsfeller Cranks, MRP guide, Shimano pedals, Truvativ Team SL BB

Submitted by jack from san francisco, CA

Date Reviewed: November 9, 2003

Strengths:    Best lenses I've every had! Crystal-clear clarity, and the Copper 28 lens is very soothing, very good color-contrast (I also bought the Yellow-35 lens in the KURB frame which is terrific on the trails). Great wrap-around fit, big rubber nosepads and eartips force the frame to stay on my face no matter how bumpy the ride. No fogging.

Weaknesses:    NONE! I've paid a lot more for sunglasses that had far inferior lenses and frame fit.

Bottom Line:
3 different lens sizes to custom-fit your noggin. Amazing lens clarity from Kaenon's new lens material (Lombardi's knew all about it - ask them). I won't be buying any other sunglass - they're that good!

Purchased At:   Lombardi's

Similar Products Used:   Oakley, Smith, Rudy Project

Submitted by Dave a Cross Country Rider from Rhodie

Date Reviewed: September 5, 2003

Strengths:    Perfect optics. No fogging problems. Unbelievable clarity, works in many conditions (I use copper 12 - darkest tint).

Weaknesses:    So scared to scratch them because they cost bank.

Bottom Line:
They're so good it's dumb. If you do anything on the water, they're even better there.

Purchased At:   Helly Newport

Similar Products Used:   Oakley, Smith

Submitted by Tom a Cross Country Rider from Denver, Colorado

Date Reviewed: November 11, 2002

Strengths:    Just read the other reviews. These things are just the best shades I have ever put over my eyes, period. I use the copper 12 lenses (large size), the darkest tint and they work great in all conditions, even cloudy skies or dark shadows. Shaded holes in the trail which always gave me problems are now easy to navigate through. I tried a lot of different cycling specific glasses before but the lense quality on these is so much better. I wore them skiing last week and that's what motivated me to write this review. Absolutely the best lenses I've ever tried on the white stuff, and I thought I'd tried them all after 25 years. Frames fit my head perfectly and are very lightweight.

Weaknesses:    I'm a cheapskate so the price was a bit high, although I've paid more for glasses (Maui Jim's etc.) that aren't nearly as good. I used to lose my sunglasses all the time, but I guard these with my life.

Bottom Line:
Unless someone comes along with something a lot better, these are the best you'll find! I am sure the other company's R&D guys are working overtime to catch up.

Favorite Trail:   Anything steep and long

Purchased At:   West Marine

Similar Products Used:   Maui Jim, Oakley, Brinko, Arnette, lots of others over the years

Bike Setup:   for another review

Submitted by Yuri Hauswald a Racer from Petaluma, Ca.

Date Reviewed: October 30, 2002

Strengths:    The first thing I noticed about my Kores was the fit and the weight, or lack there of. The Kore's fit was incredible, with the nose and ear pieces providing great stiction/stability while riding.I almost forgot that I had glasses on due to their weight and comfortable,yet stable, fit .The Copper 50 lenses work excellently in shadey/wooded conditions, providing a clarity that I've not been used to with other glasses. These are the best glasses that I've ever ridden in.

Weaknesses:    Interchangeable lenses would make these glasses even better.

Bottom Line:
These glasses are hot and need to be checked out by cycling enthusiasts of all abilities.

Purchased At:   Kaenon Direct