Kaenon Hard Kore Eyewear

The ultralight Hard Kore Sunglasses give you the clarity and protection of Kaenon's ground-breaking polarized SR-91 lens and a fit designed for active lifestyles. The SR-91 lens provides the durable lightweight strength of polycarbonate lenses and the clarity of a glass lens, giving you unparalleled feel and vision. Kaenon's Variflex rubber temple tips provide solid purchase on your head, which keeps the Hard Kore Sunglasses exactly where they need to be no matter how much you move, jog, or jump

Submitted by Zachariah a Cross Country Rider from Palm Desert, CA USA

Date Reviewed: April 28, 2011

Strengths:    Super-tough, polycarbonate lens/composite frame
Crystal clear field of Polarized vision
Stays on my head, regardless
Looks too cool
Made in Italy

Weaknesses:    MSRP

Bottom Line:
I have the Kaenon Beacon...a full framed version of these sunglasses. They have withstood EVERYTHING, including my nasty crashes too. Normally, I won't dedicate a $189.99 pair of shades for MTB...but I scored these at a local thrift store, for under $5! The smoke grey/brown lens is PERFECT for sunny days with occasional shading. They grip my head very firmly and I find myself using them for the beach too.

Best thing about the Kaenon Beacon/Hard Kore is that they are unisex sunglasses. Not many shades look great on BOTH sexes, like these do. I use these riding MTB and road 4x week and the temple hinges are still taut and not coming loose.

Are they worth MSRP? Yes, only if you can AFFORD them. They are as durable as my lost $200 Rudy Projects. They are far from fragile. You will NOT be disappointed!

Favorite Trail:   Hurkey Creek Park (24 Hours of Adrenalin course)

Purchased At:   Thrift Store