Gargoyle Sunglasses Eyewear

Gargoyle Helios Sunglasses

Submitted by Brian Forrest a Weekend Warrior from WInlock, WA

Date Reviewed: April 7, 2012

Strengths:    Dark grey lenses with caribean blue mirrored finish. Blocked out 99% of the bright sunlight.

Weaknesses:    No weaknesses on the physical product. I accidently broke my sunglasses in half, then super glued them back together. Worked like a charm for 5-6 years. I left my pair of sunglasses somewhere in Seattle, WA about 2 years ago. I haven't found another pair like them ever. Gargoyles went out of business. They do not make that style with those lenses. That is a shame!!

Bottom Line:
I want my sunglasses back from whoever found them in Seattle!!

Purchased At:   SunglassHut in SF, C

Submitted by atomicAdam a Weekend Warrior from adsfasdf

Date Reviewed: May 29, 2008

Strengths:    asdf

Weaknesses:    sadf

Bottom Line:
asdf

Favorite Trail:   asdf

Similar Products Used:   asdf

Bike Setup:   asdf

Submitted by shawn a Racer from oakland, Ca, USA

Date Reviewed: August 6, 2002

Strengths:    look great, feel great, sturdy (minus the rubber peices), stay on (my face)

Weaknesses:    one word, customer service. rubber earpeices fell off after 16 days and they are trying to charge me $10 saying it is wear and tear (saying it is my fault.

Bottom Line:
Buy only if you are expecting nothing to go wrong. Customer Service is difficult and horrible. I'm sure I could get better customer service from K-mart brand sunglasses.

Submitted by Nick DeClement a Weekend Warrior from Belden, Miss. Pontotoc

Date Reviewed: September 18, 2001

Strengths:    Style

Weaknesses:    Poor paint adhesion
Poor durability

Bottom Line:
I was dissappointed with this product and the difficulty in reaching CUSTOMER SERVICE. I will consider other brands.

Purchased At:   Sunglasses Hut

Submitted by Bill a Weekend Warrior from Richmond

Date Reviewed: August 8, 2001

Strengths:    Original Legends - Excellent earpieces w/springloading... they stay on! Great styling and love the replaceable lenses.

Weaknesses:    Black Ice lenses are easy to scratch.

Bottom Line:
I would buy these again but no need - the lenses are easily replaed with a good solid design. Good job, Gargoyle!

Purchased At:   Price Club (Costco)

Similar Products Used:   Oakley

Submitted by John Cheyney a Weekend Warrior from Irving, Texas, USA

Date Reviewed: June 26, 2001

Strengths:    Look Good
Tough Construction
Very Comfortable
(Relatively) inexpensive

Bottom Line:
I wanted some wraparound style shades for biking but couldn't afford most of the ones that were of good enough quality for me. I found these Gargoyle Adrenalins quite by accident and love them. My eyes don't dry out, the earpieces are very comfortable, and they have a nice feel without being too heavy.

Purchased At:   Bass Pro Shops, Grapevine, Texas

Similar Products Used:   RayBan Aviators (Comfortable but not good for biking)
RayBan Wayfarers (Ditto)

Submitted by Rami a Downhiller from Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

Date Reviewed: April 21, 2001

Strengths:    Well let me put it this way, I dropped them from a 5 story building and only the lens came off. Then, I snaped it back on.

Weaknesses:    I haven't noticed any so far.

Bottom Line:
They should make a commercial, where someone drops his glasses from a 5 story building and they manage to survive. If you don't have'm get them.

Purchased At:   AFFES

Similar Products Used:   Tommy Hilfigur sunglasses

Submitted by Jason Lustig from Cameron Park, CA

Date Reviewed: March 28, 2001

Strengths:    Product: Electric Purple Performance Wrap frame & lenses

I bought these because I can bend the frame a little and they totaly wrap around my face with no light at the edges. They fit my face perfectly. I also like the spring hinges. The lenses increase contrast and depth. I like to were them just because they make everything look better. Very Sporty

Weaknesses:    I don't take very good care of them and they always get scratched. I broke the nose piece three time now, it always takes a month to get them back from customer service. I wish they would redesign the nose piece. I'm thinking about getting different glasses just so I don't have to deal with nose piece all the time.

Bottom Line:
These are totaly awesome glasses. Awesome looks. But they have poor customer service and bad nose piece design.

Purchased At:   Seirra Outfitters, Sacramento

Similar Products Used:   A lost pair of Gargoyles Classics

Submitted by Jonathan from Davis, Ca, USA

Date Reviewed: March 13, 2001

Strengths:    Excellent lenses, Durable, Bullet Proof.

Weaknesses:    Hard to find, Expensive.

Bottom Line:
These sunglasses are great. I wore a pair of flames for a year after breaking 10-12 cheap sunglasses over the summer. Eventually, they ended up being stolen. I actually found this review site while looking for a website I could order a new pair from.
If durability and unimpaired vision (I almost felt I could see better with them on then off) are what you want, Gargoyles have it. Style, cost effectiveness, etc...Ask some one else for info.

Purchased At:   Sunglass Hut

Similar Products Used:   cheap stuff that broke every week.

Submitted by Allen from IN

Date Reviewed: February 25, 2001

Strengths:    Legends - Excellent field of view, no distortion or blockage. Replaceable lenses are nice feature.

Bottom Line:
I've had the legends for about two years. I had to send my first set back because the polarized lenses would fall out! Second set of frames is better, but on occasion they lenses come out. The black frames have paint flaking off everywhere, the right ear-piece comes unscrewed (finally fixed w/ LocTite) and the coating on the nose-piece has completely worn off. If put in the case supplied, the ear-pieces touch the lense and scratch them. If sun comes from an angle beside or behind the head, there is a bad reflection of your eye in the lense. I like the glasses, but you would think for the cost, Gargoyles would supply a much better product.

Purchased At:   www.peepers.com

Submitted by Alpha Male a Weekend Warrior from Florida

Date Reviewed: July 20, 2000

Strengths:    Durability,24K gold & Bullet proof!

Bottom Line:
I have owned mine for 10 years & they have been through HELL!
I have lost them twice now, but luckley they were returned.
I wear them daily.
They may be a little expensive but $150 for 10 + years (daily), isn't to bad.
If you want a quality pair of bullet proof (I'am serious) glasses save a little longer & get the Garoyles!

Similar Products Used:   All kinds of generic crap

Submitted by Dave a Weekend Warrior from San Jose, CA

Date Reviewed: June 8, 1999

Strengths:
excellent quality
look great

Weaknesses:
Too damned expensive to risk mountain biking, which they'd otherwise be perfect for.

Bottom Line:
The Legends II are great sunglasses. The work wonderfully, and they look great, much better than those huge Terminator versions.
Only gripes (besides the price) are that I wish the lenses wouldn't pop out so easily, and I wish they made spare clear lenses as an optional item.

Cannondale F400 with various upgrades

Submitted by Dave a Weekend Warrior from EastCoast,FL

Date Reviewed: May 19, 1999

Strengths:
I have had my pair of Helios's a while and love them. they look great,lite,very little light comes through the sides excellent glasses.

Weaknesses:
The only weakness is l can't find their web site to order new lenses.mine have become very worn.They are Grey frames and silver lenses

Bottom Line:
Gargoyles rule!!!!!

Submitted by clark boling a Weekend Warrior from gowen,ok

Date Reviewed: April 20, 1999

Strengths:
light weight, comfortable, does not slide down nose when you sweat

Weaknesses:
the lenses will develope hair line cracks that will multiply with age so bad that you will not beable to see through the lense, replacement lenses are hard to find if they exsist at all

Bottom Line:
i love my helios and will buy another pair if i can't get a hold of some replacement lenses