V Top Leg knee armour Armor and Pads

4.2/5 (5 Reviews)

V Top Leg knee armour

Submitted by Etienne Pariseau a Downhiller from Montreal

Date Reviewed: July 13, 2001

Strengths:    Anatomic fit, lasts forever(had then since 97), great protection, washable, hold well even full of mud n water...
I believe they fit and protect better(as in more) than Dainese and are not and week to tear open.

Weaknesses:    HOT, a bit heavy, really hard to find, size vary from year to year...

Bottom Line:
Great product, still protecting after 4 years. Worth every penny!

Favorite Trail:   Bromont

Purchased At:   Cycle Outaouais

Similar Products Used:   661: 2x4, Fox: extreme, Fox-911

Bike Setup:   3 bikes

Submitted by Jonathan a Weekend Warrior from Montreal

Date Reviewed: May 23, 2000

Bottom Line:
These things are great. They stay right in place, they protect the knee and the all the leg. They have saved me some stiches. I think ther'e the best, i've tried fox, and for the price, V-Top is right on the buzzer!!!

Submitted by Tom a cross-country rider from Mass

Date Reviewed: August 31, 1998

Bottom Line:

I have had the knee/leg set for 3 years now. The hard plastic outer covers have hundreds of cuts, gouges, and abrasions on them. I have worn them well over 100 days, and fallen on many of those days. (I'm not a very stable rider.) The interior padding is still fine. The 4 velcro bands still have stretch and attach well. Overall, extreemly durable product. Design is excellent. The knee is articulated and moves freely. The lower leg protectors have a specific cut to protect the ankle bones. These things work wonderfully and have saved my legs countless times.

Submitted by Racer X a racer from Kalifornia

Date Reviewed: January 30, 1998

Bottom Line:

Got the stuff for free from V-Top/Rovex. Looked nice. Rode it. Okay. Surfed,
uh-oh. The lycra rips from even the smallest slide. Did it with both the padded shorts and the Leg/knee/shin Bib Tight armor. Great idea but shoddy materials. Gave the remainder to friends to use. I'll stick with Dainese. It lasts. This S@$% is practically disposable. Save your coins for REAL ARMOR. C'est la vie.

Submitted by Noel Buckley a weekend warrior from Vancouver, BC

Date Reviewed: January 14, 1998

Bottom Line:

This plastic shelled, anotomically fitting armour is great. I launched of the side of a trail totally
out of control at about 15 km/hr, and dropped about 5 feet into a rock infested bank. The
rocks were about the size of grapefruits. I landed with all my weight on my left knee, which
dug a crater about 12 inches deep. If I hadn't being wearing this armour, I would be
writing this review from a hospital bed. Instead, I got up and walked away. Unbelievable.