SixSixOne Rage Pressure Suit Armor and Pads

• Ease of motion with fully articulated spine protection
  • Core cooling with ventilated mesh construction
  • Secure personalized fit with velcro fit straps
  • Injected-molded plastic shoulder cups
  • Built in support/kidney belt

Submitted by Jeff Johnston a Weekend Warrior

Date Reviewed: November 23, 2017

Strengths:    Comfortable, Stays put, Good Protection, Looks good

Weaknesses:    Arms are long/skinny, Cloth is easily torn

Bottom Line:
I got this pressure suit on clearance from 661 web site for $45 - deal of the century. I ride alone so I wear it almost every ride. In the summer, it is soaked after a few hours, but I am not much hotter than my regular rides in the Appalachians. I rarely see armor on the trail, but I am 53 years old and want to avoid trips to the hospital.

Experienced 3 hard falls in 6 months, and in all cases just dusted myself off and kept going - it did its stuff.

Fit is a little odd. Arms are very long and extremely narrow. I have "angel hair pasta" arms, and they fit tight. Nonetheless works for me. Lots of adjustability.

One wreck I had actually tore the material that is the frame for the pads. I am handy with a needle and thread so no biggie, but the material is pretty easy to tear.

Style is good - makes me look like a badass (somewhere between Batman and an insect) even though I am a wussy. 661 doesn't recommend a lot of washing, but after every ride I take it and rinse it pretty thoroughly in the shower so it doesn't stink, and so far it has held up and my wife hasn't divorced me.

Favorite Trail:   DuPont State Park

Purchased At:   661.com

Bike Setup:   Marin Rift Zone 5 (29")