SixSixOne Evo Pressure Suit Armor and Pads

UPPER BODY Sublimated moisture wicking power-stretch fabric chassis gives great fit and ventilation Stretch Kevlar® covered “Intella-Foam” protection areas for chest, shoulder, elbow and forearm Articulating back plate armor is removable Adjustable straps and closures allow youTo fine-tuneThe fit

Submitted by Varaxis a Weekend Warrior from SoCal

Date Reviewed: November 16, 2011

Strengths:    Good protection for Elbow, Forearm, Back, and side of shoulder
Fairly easy to get on and off
Low profile

Weaknesses:    Poor ventilation
Relatively heavy
Chest protector mostly useless and Leatt brace incompatible
The next-to-skin fabric design is ugly

Bottom Line:
I wanted something lower profile than the Vapor suit, that fit under my jersey, and this delivered, but it came with some compromises. the venting in front was worse and the chest protector is pretty useless, since it sits far too high, and no top of shoulder protection.

I made good use of the Vapor's chest and shoulder protection, cutting corners to close to tree lines and doing various superman dismounts from going over the bars. I don't really mind the lack of top of shoulder protection, but chest protection is a big reason I wear this armor. Looks like this protects from minor abrasions at best, which isn't worth wearing armor for. I want injury protection. There's even a disclaimer that comes with this that says it doesn't protect from injury...

The front venting sucks too. I remember feeling of air being rammed into my chest by the Vapor, which felt awesome. With this, I don't get that sensation and on the pedal heavy sections, it feels like my chest is simply being squeezed.

This shouldn't really be called EVO, since it uses various densities of EVA foam instead of lightweight d30. The moment I take it off, it literally feels like a huge load was taken off my back/chest and makes it seem like I can breath and pedal easier.

I can't really berate this too much, since it's good enough to keep around and other chest armor suffers from similar downsides. I wish this had the Vapor's chest guard--that one change would likely promote this to being something I'd recommend.

Purchased At:   XSportsProtective

Similar Products Used:   661 Vapor Pressure Suit
661 Subgear

Bike Setup:   Yeti ASR7
Gary Fisher Superfly 100

Submitted by grahammcb a Weekend Warrior from San Francisco

Date Reviewed: March 23, 2011

Strengths:    Is pretty strong

Weaknesses:    I wish the chest plate was a little harder

Bottom Line:
Easy to but on & take off, pads are great! I made a little review movie... check it out

Purchased At:   Ebay

Bike Setup:   Ibis Mojo SL xtr, talas

Submitted by SilverDuc a Weekend Warrior from Fairfield,Ca,USA

Date Reviewed: January 18, 2010

Strengths:    easy to put on

Weaknesses:    hot

Bottom Line:
the suit is made well I will use it when the trail type calls for it. with out the back /chest protector it is a good all mountain setup for the arm and shoulder protection but in full trim its DH only, the armor is a feels like its hard but it is memoryfoam and molds to you i think it is a good product but i think i should have put my money on the Dainese product as Dainese saved my life in a street crash on my Ducati (R.I.P sweet old friend) both protection products are nice and worth every penny I just like the idea of the hard plastic on foam over just foam

Favorite Trail:   rockville