SixSixOne Evo Lite XC Elbow Armor and Pads

2.5/5 (4 Reviews)

SixSixOne 661 Evo Lite XC Elbow Guard: Comfortable, Flexible Elbow Protection with revolutionary. D3O is a soft material that gets very hard very fast on impact. It gives you the best of both worlds for cycling protection...

Submitted by Varaxis a Weekend Warrior from SoCal

Date Reviewed: November 17, 2011

Strengths:    Low profile
Light
Looks good

Weaknesses:    Slips down your arm
Expensive

Bottom Line:
I don't trust elbow guards the move so easily on the arm when strapped tight. Too expensive. I'll happily wear my Race Face Rally FRs, which were less than half the price, over these. I was just hoping to find something lighter weight and lower profile.

I was between M and Sm and went with small. The regular EVO elbow also had similar issues, but was worse with slipping down your arm.

Similar Products Used:   Race Face Rally FR Elbow/Forearm
THE Industries Elbow/Forearm

Submitted by celectronic shop a Weekend Warrior from Lakeland, FL US

Date Reviewed: June 2, 2011

Strengths:    Comfort

Weaknesses:    lack of durability, cheaply made, high price

Bottom Line:
I am a bike officer, on the bike 8 hours a day. I purchase the 661 Evo Lite XC elbow guards, the first day wearing the fabric ripped! and not even on a seam. I might expect this from a $20 pair of guards not a $100 pair, although i paid 75 on ebay. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS PRODUCT!!!!!! Extremely disappointed, thanks 661 for your ridiculously priced guards that could'nt even make it past 8 hours worth of riding.
Don't let 661 intrigue you with their videos demonstrating the D3o technology; what the hell is the point when the overall construction is complete garbage?

Purchased At:   Ebay

Submitted by morrisgarages a Weekend Warrior from Manila

Date Reviewed: February 7, 2010

Strengths:    Light, easy to clean, unobtrusive

Weaknesses:    Pretty tight on where the straps are. Small adjustments on the velcro. 'spensive

Bottom Line:
Its better than wearing nothing. I crashed twice already and they held up pretty ok. It still hurts though but at least you don't scrape off any skin. It's light and cool too so you don't notice them too much. I just wished they gave a bit more adjustment on the straps. Wear them if you hate going home with scraped elbows.

Favorite Trail:   Anywhere

Similar Products Used:   Giant elbow/forearm pads

Bike Setup:   XC

Submitted by crossmax a Cross Country Rider from Los Angeles

Date Reviewed: December 10, 2009

Strengths:    Light weight, low profile, not too hot.

Weaknesses:    too tight at the forearm opening, expensive

Bottom Line:
These are better than wearing nothing. I got them for summer when the trail type I am riding needs some kind of pad but not much. I wanted something that was light and I could wear the whole ride if necessary. I only crashed once in them and they seemed to work as described. I mean for the size and the weight they are a nice alternative to not wearing anything.

Favorite Trail:   Jedi