SixSixOne EVO Elbow Armor and Pads

Evo Elbow Lightweight elbow pads with cutting edgeTechnology. SIXSIXONE haveTeamed up with d3o, leaders in intelligent foamTechnologyTo createThe EVO pad set, a new approachToTheTough demands of 21st century MTB riding. Soft ventedTerry lined Neoprene articulated sleeves. Localized side padding support protectThe elbow. Custom molded vented Kevlar front panel protectsThe elbow from abrasion. Vented Neoprene expansion panel provides freedom of movement. Elastic Velcro adjustable strap s

Submitted by ustemuf a Downhiller from California

Date Reviewed: November 18, 2009

Strengths:    It's comfortable

Weaknesses:    It doesn't protect you from bruises or scratches apparently.

Bottom Line:
I was wearing a long sleeve t-shirt outside of the pads and I still ended up getting a huge bruised elbow with scratches !?!?!

My shirt wasn't ripped either, I don't really understand what happened, but I know that if I had some external plastic armor pads that this wouldn't even have been an issue.

They are comfortable, but the d3o offers zero protection.

Favorite Trail:   Cinderella