Sette Impact Knee-Shin Armor and Pads

2.6/5 (5 Reviews)

Designed with rider comfort and safety in mind, the Sette Impact Knee/Shin Guards are constructed with high impact plastic outer shells, along with high density foam padding, to provide comfort with maximum protection. Wrap around mesh backing with large adjustable Velcro straps, positions the pad securely while providing superior ventilation. A two piece articulated design gives a rider unrestricted range of motion while providing protection.

Submitted by Joel Boeckmann

Date Reviewed: November 19, 2012

Strengths:    Decent materials used, Protect much of your leg.

Weaknesses:    Sizing is ridiculous, these run extremely large. To lump together 4 sizes in 2 seems to me, to be a major over site. (S/M & L/XL)

Bottom Line:
I bought these Sette Impact's in the L/XL size, as my 661's in a size large were a perfect fit for me (I am 5'11, with a stocky build). Boy was I wrong about the size, these were gynormous in every way. Really really long, but I guess protection all the way to the ankle and beyond could have been a good thing. The velcro straps are about 4" too long as well, and I found the mesh/webbing to be annoying and unnecessary. Traded them in for another pair of 661 Comps in size L, they fit me perfect, and I've never looked back.

Similar Products Used:   661 Comp's

Bike Setup:   All Mountain

Submitted by BSCR250 a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: November 12, 2012

Strengths:    Protective bits seem solid

Weaknesses:    Fit is terrible, they come in 2 sizes I bought the smallest one (S/M), and the straps are way too long. I'm 5'11 and have medium sized legs according to other pad manufacturers. All the straps are really stretchy and the pads slip out of position. Luckily they are long enough that they can't slip past my feet. I can double wrap the top strap around my leg, but that is a bit too tight. Also they don't flex much at the knee They are also not comfortable or easy to take on and off besides not having to remove the shoes. I like most of the Sette products I have bought but these suck. If you buy them get the S/M unless you have tree trunk legs.

Bottom Line:
I'm buying something else

Duration Product Used:   2 Rides

Purchased At:   Price Point

Similar Products Used:   Buying Rockgardnz LZ shorties

Bike Setup:   Airborne Taka

Submitted by Uncle Six Pack a Weekend Warrior from Bloomsburg, PA, USA

Date Reviewed: June 24, 2010

Strengths:    good protection

Weaknesses:    not very comfortable, fit isn't great

Bottom Line:
These pads straps that are too long for a "medium" fit. They tend to ride down throughout the day, leaving the fit worse. On top of that, the straps behind the knee get uncomfortable after a few hours.

This would be a good product if you are on a serious budget or if you were only gonna wear them for like an hour at a time. Otherwise, there are definitely better products out there.

Submitted by nynoobie a Weekend Warrior from northeast

Date Reviewed: June 8, 2009

Strengths:    Fit me well, comfortable, vent ok, stay in place, give enough clearance at ankle, cost

Weaknesses:    none yet, but its an early review

Bottom Line:
Im strapped for cash so I got these. I figured something is better than nothing when it comes to losing skin. I used these downhilling at the local ski mountain and had a couple spills with them.
While riding I never knew they were on
While crashing they stayed in place and did what they are supposed to- protect my @ss!
They got a little hot while standing still, but vented well when riding down the trails. For the money, a good investment. Now I just have to see how they hold up. Gonna give 4 hot turds for these.

Favorite Trail:   I cant choose!

Submitted by highperboi a Weekend Warrior from Alameda

Date Reviewed: December 7, 2008

Strengths:    protects your knee and shins

Weaknesses:    the back of knee net mesh strap is loose. the straps could have more velcro so that you can make tighter.

Bottom Line:
it works, feels comfortable, doesnt slip down, doesnt restrict leg movement. the behind leg strap kinda weak so i might just rip it off. overal i think its good investment to protect my self.

Favorite Trail:   rockville

Purchased At:   pricepoint

Bike Setup:   mongoose otero super, stock except for; marzzochi all mountain 2 fork, single track rim with XT hub, michelin mountain AT tires, E13 bash gaurd and sette lock on grips.