Race Face Rally FR Armor Armor and Pads

The Award winning Rally FR armor features a custom hard shell providing increased impact and puncture protectionThatTakes advantage of a proprietary hard shell designThat isThe result of intensive research and development. Rider Inspired Design: design and inputTested by Darren Berrecloth and Paul Basagoitia High Density Hard shell: Constructed of 85% Polypropylene (PP) / 15%Thermo Plastic Rubber (TPR), our custom molded hard shell features a precision engineered matrix with reinforced dike

Submitted by Varaxis a Weekend Warrior from SoCal

Date Reviewed: November 17, 2011

Strengths:    Excellent fit
Excellent protection
Good looks
Not too heavy
Stays in place

Weaknesses:    Bulky

Bottom Line:
For the elbows, I haven't found anything I liked better. They're bulky, but I wear them over jerseys and warmers. They don't really leave anything to want. I happened to be between sizes and went for the larger size and can only complain about the long velcro straps, but can fit it easier over winter layers. They come pretty close to the wrist that they'd interfere with wrist watches, wrist braces, and lift pass bracelets.

For the Knee/Shins, it's hit or miss, depending on fit. I like my Kyle Straits a lot better, but they don't offer as much protection and require shoe take off to put on (if you want them to last). Would be more of the type you carry to the top on your pack, then put on for the descent, rather than the type you can wear full time like soft pads. I am the type that goes full time with pads, so I can't really recommend the knee/shins.

5/5 for value and overall for the Elbow pads.