Race Face Indy Knee Armor and Pads

Race Face Indy Knee D3O Guard Specifically designed with the growing Enduro scene in mind, the Indy knee combines the unrestricted mobility of the Race Face Charge Leg with the additional protection and adjustment of the Ambush Knee. Second-skin Butterfly Mesh sleeve with targeted D30 high performance shock absorbing protective foam knee. Protection you can trust on rowdy descents built into a minimal sleeve for unlimited range of motion while climbing. Features: Butterfly mesh sleeve with second skin fit and targeted D30 high performance shock absorbing foam knee coverage. Woven elastic top strap with Velcro closure offers personalized adjustment. Silicone gripper along inner top opening ensures lsquo;stay-put rsquo; fit. Silicone patch at shin eliminates slippage. Flatlock comfort seam finish.Buy Race Face Indy Knee D3O Guard from Chain Reaction Cycles, the World rsquo;s Largest Online Bike Store.

Submitted by p1nhead

Date Reviewed: November 23, 2014

Strengths:    Comfy, reasonably good padding

Weaknesses:    silicon grippers pull your leg hair

Bottom Line:
I haven't crashed on these pads yet, but the padding seems reasonably sturdy for the trail riding that I do. I think it should help cushion the impact. If I was a downhill-focused rider, I'd probably look for a more aggressive pad, though.

These pads are quite unobtrusive. I ride xc/trails with them, and I pretty quickly forget that I'm wearing them. After I found my special place with them, they never slip, either.

I found the fit guide on the Race Face website to be accurate. I bought XL - which, as a 'medium' sized guy, really surprised me. I ride a medium sized bike, I wear medium sized shorts and have medium sized elbow pads. But I kept measuring out as size "XL" for these knee pads, so I took a deep breath and bought the XL - which fit great. I guess either I have some big-time ripped legs, or there are some skinny MF'ers in this world. Not sure which, but XL it is, for me.

One tip is that after I set the velcro strap on top, I then reach down and pull the shin opening up just a bit, so there isn't any tension pulling the top of the knee pad down. They don't slip, and they're comfy this way.

The silicon grippers pull your leg hair trying to get them off after a ride, though. Minor detail.

Jenson beats Chainlove on this: Race Face Indy leg/knee pads $9,

I figure if it runs too small, I will pass it to my kids. [url]https://www.jensonusa.com/store/product/PG307B00-Race+Face+Indy+Leg+Pads.aspx[/url]Read More »