POC Sports Joint VPD 2.0 Knee Armor and Pads

3.25/5 (4 Reviews)

The POC Joint VPD 2.0 Knee Pad is a true all-in-one knee protection solution that lets you move enough to pedal on all-day epic rides, but still offers enough protection to keep you confident through the hairiest DH lines.3D-molded VPD 2.0 knee panel is perforated to improve ventilationVPD (Visco-Elastic Polymer Dough) offers progressive, effective impact absorption and conforms to your body for a comfortable fitKevlar-reinforced fabric resists tears and snagsSuper-stretchy back sleeve for a secure, personalized fit

Submitted by Travis Bickle a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: March 24, 2014

Strengths:    These pads are lightweight and quite comfortable. I have worn them for up to 4 hours with loads of climbing and I tend to forget them. They stay in place well even with the lower strap removed. I slide the bottom rear fabric up my calve slightly and this helps keep them from sliding down and doesn't impact the comfort. I have experiences no chafing. I have had no bad wrecks with these on so far, just minor scrapes and they do their job and still look great. I went with POC because they contain no neoprene and I believe that I'm allergic to it.

Weaknesses:    They are expensive. The lower strap wasn't comfortable for me.

Bottom Line:
A solid well made pad that stays put. Not too bulky. I have been quite happy with them and would go with the VPD2's again.

Favorite Trail:   Woodcutter, Cumberland, BC

Duration Product Used:   4 Months

Purchased At:   Jenson USA

Similar Products Used:   661, Raceface

Bike Setup:   2011 Turner 5 Spot.

Submitted by Bryan a Weekend Warrior

Date Reviewed: April 12, 2013

Strengths:    Solid construction, comfortable

Weaknesses:    Chafing

Bottom Line:
I have had these pads for about six months now and have put quiet a few hours/miles on these pads; in addition to a few crashes. They have never slipped and have been very comfortable. My only gripe is that the strap that goes behind the knee has a tendency to ride up and cause some pretty severe chafing, this strap can be removed, so it's not that big of a deal. These are pretty freak'n expensive, but you get what you pay for. I have friends that payed much less than I did for pads and they're on their second pair of pads, I'm still on my first, so it is all about the same in the end. If you have the

Duration Product Used:   6 Months

Similar Products Used:   661 Kyle Strait knee pads

Submitted by jazzanova

Date Reviewed: February 27, 2013

Strengths:    Nice looking. Good protection.

Weaknesses:    Rubs underneath my knees.

Bottom Line:
I really wanted to like these pads, but after trying them 2x, I am done.
After about 1/2 hour into the ride the back part of the upper strap started to rub underneath of my knees.
The stitching is very thick nylon like. I had to take them off after 1 hour. I have tried them on 2 rides, always reajusting hoping to find a comfortable fit. I do not believe this is a question of braking them in.
3 days after and I still have tender skin at the place of the strip.
I am a bit disappointing. This was an expensive toy I am not going to use.

Submitted by Kayton

Date Reviewed: February 3, 2013

Strengths:    Looks rad, great protection, comfortable.

Weaknesses:    Hot.

Bottom Line:
I really like these except for the fact that they are warm to wear. I live in So Cal and mid day rides with these get hot. I love them and now I always wear them.

POC Joint VPD 2.0 Knee Pads 54.99 at chainlove

[url=http://www.chainlove.com/?CMP_ID=ODAL_FFP7001&mv_pc=r239]Chainlove.com: POC Joint VPD 2.0 Knee Pads - $54.99 - 54% off[/url] POC Joint VPD 2.0 Knee PadsRead More »

POC Joint VPD 2.0 Knee or DH Knee

I am trying to decide between using the 2.0 knee with the 2.0 Shin guard or just using the 2.0 DH knee? Anybody used either one. Any pros or cons to using either one? Is the 2.0 DH Knee comfortable enough to wear for a long ride with a lot pedaling involved? Obviously using the 2.0 Knee with the ... Read More »