Kali Protectives Aazis Soft Knee Armor and Pads

4.75/5 (4 Reviews)

AllThe protection you need and nothing additional in an exceptional well-fitting guard with a unique anti-pull down design. Flexible, soft covered hard shell knee protection Lightweight, durable Kevlar front cover Full impact ABS knee cup Comfortable, soft & adjustable back Two large strapsTo keepThings in place Vented side cushions Slim enoughTo wear under pants

Kali Protectives Aazis Soft Knee Armor and Pads Pro Review

Their knee and knee/shin armor are comfortable, light, easy to wear, and provides excellent protection. They have made a design that utilizes a great combination of soft and hard materials, and uses innovative features, such as side protection, and an extremely durable front covering. Continue reading →

Submitted by scootdogss a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: January 21, 2013

Strengths:    Comfort while pedaling, protection.

Bottom Line:
I bought these to replace 661 veggie knee guards. The kali's are miles better. They are very comfortable to wear while pedaling, after I get going don't even notice them. Pretty breathable can be worn in summer. They stay put the 661 veggie pads were always moving around couldn't get them to stay in one place, the kali stay put and I don't have to cut off my circulation by tightening straps. I am 6'4 220 and I got a XL fit great. Love these pads I also have a helmet from Kali as well. I am really impressed with all Kali's products.

Submitted by MTBOaxaca a Cross Country Rider from Oaxaca, Mexico

Date Reviewed: February 28, 2011

Strengths:    Do the job well, lightweight, durable, good product.....

Weaknesses:    Sized too large.

Bottom Line:
The pads are comfortable even on short climbs. They protect your knees well and are lightweight. I purchased a medium size but the inner tag says L/M. I'm a fit cyclist with a height of 5' 10" and I weigh 160 lbs. I'm going to purchase a small size down the road for a better fit. They do work but the extra material bunches up some and the velcro straps are as tight as I can get them w/out cutting and sewing them shorter.

Favorite Trail:   All Single Track

Purchased At:   Ebay

Bike Setup:   Custom 29er FS

Submitted by jtoreygomez a Cross Country Rider from San Ramon, CA USA

Date Reviewed: November 29, 2010

Strengths:    Very Strong and durable. Comfortable (even in pedaling). Give extra confidence. Price (when compared to other brands)

Weaknesses:    Cannot be taken on/off while wearing shoes. A little bulky, but not noticeable.

Bottom Line:
THEY WORK WHEN YOU CRASH! Always stay put while pedaling and after a few minutes seem to "disappear". Have had enough crashes to rate and always work as described. For the price, these pads are great especially since they are half the price of 661! Very comfortable even while pedaling. I wish they could be split to allow install/removal while wearing bike shoes but otherwise perfect. Kali support and their detail to safety is impressive as well. If you want to keep the skin on your knees after a crash and also want to not be bothered while climbing these pads are great.

Favorite Trail:   Tamarancho

Similar Products Used:   661 XC, 661 Kyle Straight.

Bike Setup:   2010 Giant Trance X3, SLX crank, Hygia Elite brakes, Gravity Dropper post.

Submitted by Freeride777 a Downhiller from Kelowna BC

Date Reviewed: November 22, 2010

Strengths:    Protection, comfort

Weaknesses:    The side webbing material did get worn, although this was caused by tearing from catching on pedals during bails and not from normal everyday material degradation.

Bottom Line:
Considering how much I ride, they've held up really well. I had a couple of really gnarly crashes, and quite a few bails and minor clumsy wipe outs. The strongest aspect of the pads for me is the quality of the actual knee cap protection, which is the whole reason we use this equipment. The season before this, I ran 661's and was convinced the Kali pads offered better protection. I even tested myself as a guinea pig, using a hammer! Those pads did stand the test of a series of crashes and I never felt pain or landing impact transferred through to the knee. Comfort has been great even in very hot summer weather, and the pads never felt like they irritated or scratched me. At no point shuttling, driving, or sitting around would I ever feel the need to take them off. For sizing, I ran XL but despite having Nathan Rennie-like knees and legs, I feel that I could have got away with a Large sizing. Understanding that my amount of riding is substantial at 29 days of lift accessed bike park riding plus dozens of shuttle days. Assume that this means I would need to replace any make and type of soft knee pad on a seasonal basis, so for the performance, protection and price of the Aazis, I'm more than happy to replace them annually.

Favorite Trail:   Any DH