iXS Sports Division Flow Elbow Guards Armor and Pads

• FlowCountry, a Hans "NoWay" Rey development of a new trail riding style
  • ideal for Trail and Enduro riding
  • super light weight and super compact design
  • "X-Matter TM" - high impact absorption, energy absorbing, open cell, slow rebound foam compound
  • tear resistant and stetchable Keflar elbow cover

Submitted by rattpoison a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: July 21, 2015

Strengths:    Extremely comfortable, yet protective. Durable. Anti-microbial.

Bottom Line:
I have tried on so many elbow guards and was unsatisfied with them enough to not just wear any elbow protection. At Whistler village, I was able to try on every elbow minimalist, yet protective, guard I could find: POC Air, TLD, Raceface Indy, Alpinestars Paragon, G-Form, etc. The IXS Flow elbows were the most comfortable as I contracted and extended my elbows. Part of the reason is the stretchier material used than say, my TLD low profile pads. I have had G-forms and they tore too easily. My friend has the Fox Enduro pads and they just don't provide much protection.

I recently went on a 3 hour ride with the IXS FLow elbows and they were extremely comfortable and I know they're protective because I have their knees. I thought I would like the minimalist Indy elbows, but their strap placement is right in the area where you bicep contracts and relaxes. The IXS Flow strap is on a part of the fore-arm that doesn't contract/relax as much, so it restrains without cutting off circulation.

I have had many pads stink up, despite washing, and some of the ones that did NOT stink up were my Flow knees, so I know these will do the same thing. I now will not use an elbow or knee pad unless it's made of anti-microbial material. They're also very durable, having survived some crashes as a "soft" pad.

Favorite Trail:   SST