Hammertime 2z Shin Guards Armor and Pads

Hammer 2z Shin Guards

Submitted by Bill from Brooklyn, NY

Date Reviewed: April 5, 2003

Strengths:    Simplicity of construction, materials and the fact that I've used them constantly for 8 years...I had to sew velcro onto the existing tabs because I outgrew them, but found no need to replace the pads.

Weaknesses:    They tend to get stinky after a summer of daily use without properly washing them - they are black neoprene after all, which means they get terribly hot.........but I'm not at all complaining.

Bottom Line:
Get these and forgo the padset that matches your frame that matches your helmet that matches your shoes that matches your jersey and whatnot - they will last forever, and they leave cool looking ovals on your leg from where the vents touch.

Favorite Trail:   NYC/Greenbelt/Stillwell/Hunter Mtn

Bike Setup:   1993/4 Haro Extreme.
2003 Haro Extreme X2 (army green) Stock (so far).

Submitted by barry yeager a Downhiller from philadelphia,pa usa

Date Reviewed: March 27, 2003

Strengths:    durability is exellent had them for like 6 years still holding up ,comfort and fit is second to none

Weaknesses:    stitching around vents sometimes digs in but not often

Bottom Line:
if you want a good line of pads without the high price and the crap these are it ,the comfort is top rate and the protection is there.Eventually you`ll forget you have them on ,and hey isn`t that what riding is all about ,not getting hurt and staying on the bike ! enjoy !

Favorite Trail:   any

Purchased At:   cyclefit of del. county

Similar Products Used:   lizard skins/roach pads

Bike Setup:   cannondale f3000 team issue

Submitted by Jason Glaspey a Downhiller from Eugene, OR

Date Reviewed: August 13, 2001

Strengths:    Everything. I've never had a problem, once in many years of riding. I've slammed hard on all types of surfaces, and had my pedals dig in so many times I can't remember. Never had a scratch on my pretty legs.

Weaknesses:    NONE!

Bottom Line:
I got these seven years ago when I was riding flatland and dirt jumping my bmx. I did a no footer and missed the pedal driving it around and into my shins. 9 stitches later, I bought these. The only time my shins have ever felt my pedal pins were when I was in too much of a hurry to put these on. I love these and now I never forget them, regardless of what kind of riding I'm doing.

Bike Setup:   Dual Slalom, Z3 w/ ZR20

Submitted by zac a Downhiller from az

Date Reviewed: May 3, 2000

Strengths:    light,strong,last forever

Bottom Line:
great for keeping the skin on your legs