Fox Racing Titan Sport Jacket Armor and Pads

3.88/5 (8 Reviews)

You?d be hard-pressed to find more protective under-jersey coverage than the Fox Titan Sport Jacket has. The Titan features high-impact-plastic shoulder and elbow coverage, along with an anatomic two-piece chest plate that will keep you from getting impaled like a shish-kabob when you nail a broken stump at 35mph. Removable, articulated back coverage lets you dictate the level of protection, and a center zipper lets you take the Titan off easily when you decide to grab a few pints on the way home. Overheating becomes a non-issue with the vented-mesh main body fabric, making the Fox jacket a winner in the world of summer riding function.CE CertifiedMesh main body for perfect fit and ventilation

Submitted by Dino biker a Cross Country Rider

Date Reviewed: August 11, 2012

Strengths:    Strong, good coverage, mobility.

Weaknesses:    Warm, a bit heavy

Bottom Line:
Saved my shoulder today on a bad crash. Rode off with scrapes and bruises but nothing worse. Shoulder pads stayed put. Got this last year when my buddy shattered his clavicle. Glad I had it on today.

Moves fairly well for all the coverage you get.

Warm in still air (slogs up the mtn). Mesh helps cool it down with moving air (downhill) & wind. For those with the 65 deg limit, that is a bit cushy like having AC. Real world 80 deg and sun is the upper comfort level. Used it in 90 deg weather and felt it. Stay hydrated because you will drip trying to stay cool during the summer. Needs a cooling system for hot weather.
I definitely will get another if this one wears out.

Favorite Trail:   Anadel State Park, CA

Bike Setup:   Santa Cruz Blur LTc

Submitted by Tero Ikaheimo a Downhiller

Date Reviewed: July 14, 2012

Strengths:    +Quite good all around protection
+Fits nicely and is comfortable
+This armor really looks good
+Not too pricey(130€ incl. shipping Fox Europe)

Weaknesses:    -Venting is there mainly for looks
-Shoulder pads shift when crashing(even with all adjustments nice and tight)
-Shoulder pads could have better coverage

Bottom Line:
Fox Titan Sport Jacket year model: 2012
Well i give this product 3 Chilis because is has few things it could improve upon.

I broke my collarbone when falling on my shoulder with no arm in the way taking the blow. I semi-rolled it off when i landed and i could feel the shoulder pads moving exposing my shoulder and collarbone to what ever was in the ground at that spot.
I think it would have helped and *maybe* prevented my injury if this armor would have stayed in its place and had bigger(better coverage) shoulder pads.
But that is of course a lots of IF´s and Maybe´s :)

So for Fox to make this armor even better:
-Bigger better coverage shoulder pads
-Coverage/protection for collarbone area
-Better fastening for shoulder pads so they stay in place in crashes.
-Make venting really work

Duration Product Used:   about 1 month

Purchased At:   Fox Europe

Submitted by e2kkot a Downhiller from New York, NY

Date Reviewed: July 18, 2011

Strengths:    Perfect protection coverage, this jacket saved me a couple of times. Covers the entire upper body and comes with kidney protection, elbow guards and removable back plate.

Weaknesses:    Too hot, and mesh is kind of easy to rip. I slid on a wet rock and ripped mesh area around the elbow.

Bottom Line:
I got it of XSportProtective for $130. Perfect value for the money. It may not be be the best jacket on the market but it looks good and does its job.

Favorite Trail:   Diablo Indycross

Purchased At:   XSportProtective

Similar Products Used:   NONE

Bike Setup:   Airborne Taka

Submitted by East coast trailrider a Cross Country Rider from Ringwood, NJ, USA

Date Reviewed: June 30, 2011

Strengths:    Fits well. Outstanding protection. Pads stay in place. Very comfy.

Weaknesses:    Very hot. Over 65deg you can't use because too hot. Kidney belt part of the suit is made for a "beer belly", not an "abdominal snowman with six pack abs", hence giving poor low back support that helps combat long ride fatigue.

Bottom Line:
Very good product, works well, would buy again and recommend to freinds, decent price. I have taken a few tumbles in rock gardens wearing this product, and got up after with no injury whatsoever. Damn good protection at a fair price. Only negatives are too hot for summer use, and kidney belt portion of the jacket is too loose for people in good shape.

Favorite Trail:   all offroad

Purchased At:   Xsports protective

Bike Setup:   Snyper

Submitted by Psycho Mike a Weekend Warrior from Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Date Reviewed: May 2, 2011

Strengths:    Hard armor where you need it, mesh where you don't. Well padded. Armor stays where it is supposed to be with good adjustability. Removable spine protector. Price (not many pressure suits in this range. Wide shoulders (great for me...I've got wide shoulders to fit)

Weaknesses:    May get warm in the summer (what pressure suit doesn't). Shoulder / upper arm pads can jam up a little...minor niggle.

Bottom Line:
I had originally been looking for the TLD soft under-jersey armor (HW7850 shirt) but the only folks in the province that had any in were either 3+ hrs away or charging *a lot* over MSRP.

I'm not a serious freerider yet (the DT is a new bike this year...my old ride was not made for airtime) but I wanted some armor for where my style is going and for mountain trips. For only $40 more than the TLD, I figured that the Fox stuff was worth a shot.

For me, the fit is great (6', wide shoulders...generally built like a wall). I've had no crashes yet (knock on wood) but the armor is comfortable and stays where it is supposed to be. Having done the motorized stuff in the past, I know that the "other" Fox puts out some decent gear too.

May not be the flashiest, most well known armor, but seems to be a really good value.

Favorite Trail:   Ewok Forest (depending on my mood)

Purchased At:   Argyll Motorsports

Similar Products Used:   Demoed a bunch...either didn't fit my wider shoulders or the prices were astronomical in comparison.

Bike Setup:   Knolly DT... 'nuff said.

Submitted by manabiker a Cross Country Rider from Garden City, Michigan USA

Date Reviewed: November 16, 2010

Strengths:    Protection in arms/shoulders/elbows

Weaknesses:    Hot, I cut the plastic chest roost protectors off, it still has the foam padding and air flow is much better, I don't wear the back, my camelback protects my back.

Bottom Line:
Below 65f this armor is great, any warmer and its hot, but that is to be expected, protection is great, and everything stays where is should, I've endoed once, the elbow pads did the job great, I bounced off trees, the shoulder pads do their job, I get comments like, "are you a hockey player?" LOL!! no I'm a 64 yr old exmotocrosser that rides over his head..these things work for me..

Favorite Trail:   Potawami, Hell, Michigan

Purchased At:   Dennis Kirk

Bike Setup:   26 pound FS 5in travel Motobecane Fantom Team

Submitted by Ullrite a Downhiller from Winter Park

Date Reviewed: July 25, 2010

Strengths:    flexible, hard plastic chest, shoulders, biceps, spine with ample padding underneath, multiple front and back adjustments, beefy zippers. Soft padding on hip belt. Vents pretty well for having so much material. Pads stay where they should when riding. Easy to put on & take off when sweaty!

Weaknesses:    obviously designed for the average American - with a 1/4-barrel instead of a 6-pack - the stomach area is not proportionate to the rest of the jacket. Hydration pack straps help with that while riding though - sorta.

Bottom Line:
So far, so good. I like this suit particularly for the hard plastic on the chest and the elbow/forearm pad design. Everything stays put when flying over brake bumps. Haven't crashed in it yet, so not sure about durability. I'm 6'0" 165lbs and the Large fits me just about perfect - on the very end of the velcro for the waistbelt and elastic under chest pads is loose but don't notice while riding because it all stays put.

Favorite Trail:   Rainmaker