Fox Racing Launch Shorty Knee/shin Pad Armor and Pads

The Launch Shorty pads are based on Foxs popular Launch knee/shin guard, with many ofThe same features only with a highly requested shortened shin coverage. Patented X-UP strapping system keepsThese pads secure Ribbed hard shell kneecaps and asymmetrical hard shell shin plates Vented for comfort and breathability Riveted Fox head logo on outer shin plate.

Submitted by Tonuck a Cross Country Rider from Toronto, ON

Date Reviewed: July 12, 2010

Strengths:    Light, comfortable, easy to put on and take off, good protection, small profile

Weaknesses:    Price, slide down leg

Bottom Line:
I've been using these pads for about 3 months at 2-5 rides a week and I can honestly say that after an week or so of discomfort, I got used to them and now forget that I'm even wearing them. The 2 exceptions are when I feel them sliding down and have to quickly pull them back up, and when I take a spill and can get back up with no damage to my knees or shins. The sliding down can be a bit annoying, but isn't really a big problem as the pads extend slightly above the knees, so even if you fall while they've slid down, your knees are covered.

I heard some good things about the rock gardn landing zone pads, so I got a pair of those as well, but after a few rides I concluded that I liked the Fox pads better because to me, they offer more ventilation, are lighter, overall more comfortable and far easier to put on and take off. My only qualm would be the fact that the rock gardns can be had for about half the price of the Fox pads and in the end offer the same protection.

Favorite Trail:   Don trails