Fox Head Launch Enduro Knee Pad Armor and Pads

Submitted by BuildingBolder a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: April 21, 2015

Strengths:    Lightweight, easy to put on, stay in place while ride, easy to slide down to your ankles on long climbs, do limit mobility

Weaknesses:    Have to take shoes off to remove completely.

Bottom Line:
These are my first pair of knee pads and on their first time out they did not disappoint. They were easy to put on and take off, although shoes must come off as well. I wore them all day and they stayed exactly where they were supposed to. I did not have any falls so I can't speak their protection. The only time I noticed them was on a couple 20-30 minute climbs but they were easily slid around the ankles, while riding. Overall great knee pad that doesn't limit mobility and does what it's supposed to do.

P.S. I got a medium and I'm a 5'6 male ~140lbs

Purchased At:   Fat Tire Farm

Submitted by hnschmidt a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: April 8, 2014

Strengths:    Stay in place, super comfortable, seem to be well made

Weaknesses:    May get hot if riding in really warm weather, have to take off shoes

Bottom Line:
I wore these for several hours yesterday and completely forgot I had them on. I was doing all-mountain riding with some pedaling/climbing and some light freeride. They are really comfortable and totally stayed in place once I put them on. I didn't crash, so I can't comment on the protection aspect but I really only bought them to avoid bumps, bruises, and scrapes. I don't expect anything more out of them really. They weren't too hot, but I'm riding in the Seattle area which was high 70s yesterday. May get too hot if you are riding in 90+ degree weather. I'm a 5'5", 110 lb female and the smalls fit me perfectly.

Purchased At:   Gregg's Cycles