EVS BJ5 Short Sleeve Ballistic Jersey Armor and Pads

• Full length zipper

• Review Options:  Sorted by Latest Review | Sort by Best Rating

Submitted by B T a Racer from Georgetown, TX

Date Reviewed: January 15, 2004

Strengths:    Cooler than most. Light weight.

Weaknesses:    It does move around a little under the jersey. But not that much.

Bottom Line:
    First off, I'm more of a BMXer than MTB type. Though I do enjoy a good trail ride every once in a while. Well I really got to test this thing. Out of the gate. Over the step up. The guy in front of me went down. I couldn't react quick enough. Front tire planted in his bike and over the bars I went. First thing to hit was my shoulder, then skidded a couple of feet on my back. Hey, guess what. My shoulder doesn't hurt a bit. I tweaked my leg though. This thing really saved my shoulder. I know there's better protection out there, but not for $35.

Favorite Trail:   Capital City BMX

Purchased At:   Ebay

Similar Products Used:   na

Bike Setup:   Haro Group 1 SX 24" cruiser, Supercross Devo 20", some cheap mongoose MTB.

Submitted by Boomer a Downhiller from Atlanta, GA

Date Reviewed: January 13, 2004

Strengths:    none

Weaknesses:    below

Bottom Line:
    The fit is poor and the chest and back protection is minimal and pulls away from your body. The armor will not stay in place at time of impact. About the only thing this is good for is avoiding some abrasions on your shoulders. The ventilation is terrible, the only thing that keeps you cool is the fact that the pad constantly floats up and away from your body. I do not recommend this product for any application.

Purchased At:   local shop