Dainese Shuttle Pro Armor and Pads

4.5/5 (2 Reviews)

• Lateral chest zip fastening system
  • Ergonomic-cut full-body armour
  • Polypropylene hard plate material

Submitted by Buster McGee a Downhiller from Kelowna

Date Reviewed: February 17, 2008

Strengths:    Everything that you could ask for in a full suit of armor, strong, pads in all the right places, light, breathable, flexible. When I was wearing this thing, after i started to rid I forgot that I even had it on until you crash hard and stand right up and realize that it saved you. I can't even count how times I have been thankful to have it on.

Weaknesses:    Those pesky stirups that are on the feet and hands are a bit much I think. I just timed mine and did some sewing on them with my girlfriends sewing machine. Oh yeah, the elastics that are on the leg straps started to fall apart realy quick. The littl elastics that are inside the alastic band started to come out. I just gave them a little XX pattern on the sewing machine and that fixed that problem

Bottom Line:
Loved this suit, When mine is no more good, I will for sure buy a new one. just make sure to shop ealry for one because they might be hard to find.

Favorite Trail:   anything fast and steep

Purchased At:   internet

Similar Products Used:   none, I went right for the best

Submitted by Viktor a Weekend Warrior from Bratislava

Date Reviewed: October 1, 2007

Strengths:    Ergonomy, all-in-one protection, weight, freedom of movement

Weaknesses:    not burly enough for real DH riding (model 2002), not made for racers (see below)

Bottom Line:
This is for the 2002 model. This suit is very light, nimble and breathes a lot, so it can be pedaled as well if you like. Its greatest advantage is that you can barely feel it once sweated in, and it will not move against your body under almost any circumstances. You get all the minimum protection you need for general DH riding, but for those crazy riders there could be a little more padding all around. I have been racing this suit on local DH tracks for 1 1/2 years. Cleaned it in the washing machine quite often with no damage. However, after some crashes I lost 3 of 4 belts holding
my knee guards. Not that they are too weak, just the seams that hold them in the plastic are so weak. but the biggest disadvantage comes when nature calls. The front zipper is far too high so you have to choke your dude a lot. And in the rear - guess right - nothing to open in emergency. So before every race when you get a little nervous, you have to put off nearly the whole suit to set your butt free. Having said all this, there is still no other brand I would consider. So I am going for the race cut version for next season, getting a little more protection, and hoping they got it right for us people with holes :)