Dainese Impact Jacket Race Armor and Pads

4.2/5 (5 Reviews)

Dainese Perfomance Jacket Race: Racing jacket with elasticated and tear-resistant mesh with ventilated protectors. Removable ergonomic Wave back protector (lightweight and breathable internal Nidaplast structure offers elevated protection...

Submitted by straussal a Downhiller from Denver, CO, USA

Date Reviewed: April 27, 2009

Strengths:    Very light, breathable and you don't look like a football player when you are riding.

Weaknesses:    A little expensive

Bottom Line:
This is a sick jacket, it keeps a low profile and it is very light. Some people say that it is very expensive but its really not that much when you add in the extra quality you are getting, its worth it. The shoulder pads are finally in the right place!!

Favorite Trail:   Dominion at Diablo

Purchased At:   The Fix

Similar Products Used:   661 pro pressure suit, Dianese V1 jacket, Rockgarden Flack jacket

Bike Setup:   Demo 8, fox 40, DHX 5.0 Pushed, Avid elixer brakes, Sunline cockpit, Truvativ cranks, X.9 Rear D

Submitted by Gruntled a Racer from Thirroul, Australia

Date Reviewed: August 17, 2008

Strengths:    Perfect fit for me at 6ft and 150lb. Airy and comfortable. Single piece breatplate. Padded everywhere. Light.

Weaknesses:    None yet. Expensive because you get what you pay for, and this jacket is immaculate.

Bottom Line:
Beautiful armour. Ignore those who give negative opinions on this product based on buying without first checking if it fits them, rather silly to do that!

Purchased At:   Spearmans Cycles

Similar Products Used:   Mace Swatjacket

Bike Setup:   DHR

Submitted by mw-819 a Racer from Gatineau

Date Reviewed: July 28, 2008

Strengths:    Aluminum Honeycomb in the spineboard and all padded areas.

Weaknesses:    Fit.

Bottom Line:
I purchased this jacket to replace my old worn out Next Jacket, which was awesome. I have to say that the protection is still there on dainese. There is no arguing that they make the best pads. However it all goes to crap because the new fit is crap. I'm 6ft 180 lbs (not obese, not skinny). My old Next was perfect. It fit like a glove. That said the new fit is awefull. First off I used to take a large, so I ordered this new jacket in large. It gets here I try it on and the shoulders are much too wide and out of place, the biceps are too big and the arms are too long. Fine ok, they changed the fit. I was lucky enough to be able to exchange it for a medium. However I get the new medium and the shoulders are still out of place and the elbows are too far forward. I am really dissapointed in the new fit. I'd say I have a fairly average build. A build that used to fit perfectly into a Dainese, but now it doesn't. If you are my size beware or try to get your hands on an older model.

Similar Products Used:   Dainese Next Jacket

Submitted by harbinger808 from hawaii

Date Reviewed: December 1, 2007

Strengths:    proven dainese protection... what more can i say. ive owned several variations of this suit and this is by far the best yet. the new mesh design is more comfortable and breatable than ever. fit and finish is a bit bigger than i would like but nothing that would compromise protection.

Weaknesses:    price but i got a great deal online. besides, its cheaper than a trip to emergency room and a cast!

Bottom Line:
if you can afford this suit or find a great deal as i did, buy this suit. it provides a level of protection and ease of mind that allows me to ride faster and with more confidence. until d30 material is used on this suit, theres nothing else to even consider.

Purchased At:   online

Similar Products Used:   various variations of this suit over the last 8-10 years.

Submitted by Jacomus a Racer from London

Date Reviewed: October 25, 2007

Strengths:    Excellent fit
Comfort
Breathability
Isn't bulky so doesn't damage your aero profile too badly

I wear a body armour jacket even though I'm a roadie due to a spinal injury I recieved a while ago which weakened it badly.

I crashed on a descent at around 35mph when my front tyre blew out, I went down kind of sideways and over my shoulder. The bounced and skidded a lot until I stopped.

I broke my clavicle through the jacket, which gives you an idea of how hard I went down. My back was fine, a bit of bruising, thats all. The left elbow cup's stitching blew out but only on half of it and the cup didn't actually come off.

Judging by the damage to my unprotected legs, and the scrapes and tears to the jacket I would have been in a bad way had I not been wearing it.

I bought another one as its prooved to me how good it is, and its the best ventillated I have found yet - which is very important to me.

Weaknesses:    I would have said price, until I crashed in it.

Bottom Line:
Brilliant product, worth every penny.

Purchased At:   Online

Similar Products Used:   Thor Impact rig, This jacket, but destroyed in a crash - so good I bought another one to replace it.

Bike Setup:   Carbon / Alu roadbike

Dainese Impact Jacket Race 2007 Advice

Hi, I would you like to buy Dainese Impact Jacket Race (07). My friend is selling xs/s and I'm considering does it fit me (i can't try it on because he live a far away from me). I'm 5' 7"- 5' 8", 145.50 lbs and 33" - 34.5" in chest. Thanks.Read More »