Alpinestars Morzine Knee Guard Armor and Pads

The Alpinestars Morzine Knee Guard is designed to protect your knees comfortably and without overheating you. The dual-density foam liner provides progressive protection and a soft contact surface for comfort. The pre-curved design and spandex side panels feel natural and allow for a full range of motion, and the breathable mesh construction lets cooling air flow freely around your knees.

Submitted by Skelldify a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: June 4, 2014

Strengths:    Cheap, fairly comfortable

Weaknesses:    Runs small

Bottom Line:
I have big legs, even for a mtn biker. I got the L/XL, and the mesh on the back of them tore the first time I put them on. BUT they fit fine now, and stay in place well. If I'm doing a long ride with a lot of pedaling (approx. 2000' feet climbing), they pinch the back of my knee on one side a little, but I usually don't wear them on rides where I'm pedaling a lot. Most of the time I never notice them.

Honestly, I've never crashed and thought, "Man, I should've been wearing knee pads." But every person I ride with wears them, and I got talked into getting a pair. Still haven't hit my knees hard, but it seems like they'd provide decent protection if I did, and they provide a bit of reassurance. They were pretty cheap, and seem to fit my needs well.

Duration Product Used:   2-3 months