Alpinestars Moab Knee/Shin Guard Armor and Pads

The Alpine Stars Moab Knee/Shin Guard delivers reliable protection without the bulk. Articulated panels allow a full range of motion, and the low-pro design offers a streamlined fit, even under pants.Lightweight design offers protection without compromising mobilityVented caps improve airflow to prevent overheating on hot daysAdjustable hook-and-loop straps for a secure fitDual-density Biofoam offers effective impact absorptionSilicone gripper strap prevents slippage without causing skin irritation

Submitted by Kim Godfrey a Downhiller

Date Reviewed: February 28, 2016

Strengths:    Deflects impact.
Stays in place and doesn't slip much.
3-point velcro strap system to keep it in place.
Nice combination of padding and a hard shell exterior.

Weaknesses:    None.

Bottom Line:
I've been riding and racing in these knee/shin guards for the last year and they are definitely my favorite.
I've used D30 pads in the past, but when I would fall on chunky rocks I would essentially stick to the rock and take all of the impact, and end up with a large bruise because the impact was spread out. But the Alpinestars Moab is resilient and the hard exterior shell allows me to glance off those chunky rocks.
I broke a rear triangle on a DH bike after going OTB on a chunky rollover, despite the damage to the bike I was completely fine, when I know my lower leg took a lot of the impact.

These knee/shin pads are awesome and I would recommend them to anyone who rides DH.

Bike Setup:   Canfield Jedi, Novatec wheels, Onza Tires, HT pedals, Renthal bars, and Dirt Labs keeps my Fox suspension running smooth.

Check out hottest mountain bike products from these brands!