Home | Reviews | Pedal | Xpedo

Xpedo Spry Pedal

Weighing in at a mere 260grams per set, the SPRY with its sleek super low-profile design makes a great addition to the XPEDO flat pedal line up. The magnesium cast body measures only 11mm thin and allows plenty of ground clearance in the most aggressive terrains. Its large platform area with 14 pins on each pedal provides superior grip for maximum pedal efficiency.

Submitted by GlazedHam a Cross Country Rider

Date Reviewed: May 11, 2014

Strengths:    Light, cheap, large enough and great grip with 5-10 Danny Macaskill's.

***Excellent customer service.

Weaknesses:    I busted a pin clean off when I mashed the pedal hard into a rock. It has not effected my grip however and Xpedo said they would warrantee it without question even though it's obviously rider error.

Bottom Line:
I'm going to get a second pair for my other bike.

Full disclosure, this is the first set of flat pedals i've had on a bike since the 1980s. I started racing XC in 1987 and over a 27 year period became less and less willing to take risks on the bike. So from a ballz-out dirt jumper to basically a roadie on the dirt. I blame a lot of this pussification on clipless pedals ...yes I am nearly 50 but I can still kick some ass in the rough stuff.

The point being, I have little basis for comparing these to other flat pedals so my opinion may be worthless to you. The first couple of weeks I had some nasty shin strikes but now I ride exclusively on these pedals. If you are thinking of making the switch from so-called clipless pedals to flats, then these pedals may work for you.

Favorite Trail:   Imba Epic in BBRSP