Home | Reviews | Pedal | Xpedo

Xpedo Face Off XMX13 Pedal

Xpedo Face Off Pedal XMX13

Submitted by fatlip11 a Cross Country Rider

Date Reviewed: October 18, 2011

Strengths:    These are strong and light and the look smart!

Weaknesses:    None yet.

Bottom Line:
I have been rocking these pedals for a year now and they are very solid. I have not had any problems with them at all and they have taken numerous hits.

I lost one pin and replaced it with the extras that came with the pedals. My pedals came with two sets of extra pins and a tool to install. Just slap a little lock tight on them and you are good to go.

Highly recommend these if you need some good solid flats!

Purchased At:   on sale online

Similar Products Used:   Wellgo

Bike Setup:   SS 29er

Submitted by sopoor a Cross Country Rider from Dallas, TX

Date Reviewed: April 28, 2011

Strengths:    Light weight, looks amazing, comes with extra replaceable pins.

Weaknesses:    Extremely fragile, even for a XC rider.

Bottom Line:
I used these pedals for less than 5 rides before I broke them clean through both sides of the aluminum, in the corner. I believe i hit a rock and it bent a good portion of the aluminum off. The fact that I didn't even know how it broke tells you how weak these pedals are. I didn't crash. I didn't even have a major pedal hit that took my attention. The broken pedal was also bent in such a way that the aluminum on one side was was protruding inwards to the other side. This left a very sharp (+dangerous) edge. In the time that it took me to find a good stopping point, the sharp edge of the broken pedal also put some scratch/punctures into my FiveTen shoes. At that point I stopped and looked at the pedal and realized the bent aluminum was protruding 1 cm. Broke it off. But still left very sharp edges. I finished the trail without problems. But it did still leave the risk for a nasty pedal strike to the leg that can potentially damage a nerve in the leg. Almost didn't want to throw it away so quick since i only used it for 5 rides, and taking into account I paid 65 shipped for it. But these pedals weight 350g! That less than the Shimano clipless pedals I have. Simply, these pedals are too weak and can't even withstand cross country riding. I recommend some cheap Wellgo magnesium ones. The many magnesium Wellgo pedals available look just as amazing but are only ~100 grams more for a pair that are much stronger. Don't waste your money on these pedals, or any of the other XMX series pedals, that seem to be made out of aluminum that they use to make coke cans. Magnesium is the way to go for light weight and strength.

Purchased At:   JensonUSA

Bike Setup:   2010 Specialized Enduro Expert

Submitted by srbecker a Weekend Warrior from Tonawanda, NY, United States

Date Reviewed: July 28, 2010

Strengths:    Light, Smooth, Look sweet, grip well

Weaknesses:    NONE!

Bottom Line:
I have always use platform pedals but always had problems with slipping off them. I dont even like the idea of clipless pedals so I just figured Id deal with it. When I got my new bike, I replaced the stock clipless with these and I was surely amazed. They work great, spin smooth and grip very nicely. I like them so much I convinced two of my friends to get them as well. Couldnt say enough good about them!

Favorite Trail:   Dryer Road