Home | Reviews | Pedal | Wellgo

Wellgo B77 Pedal

4.6/5 (5 Reviews)

Submitted by ghatotkach a Weekend Warrior from Chandler, AZ

Date Reviewed: October 21, 2009

Strengths:    Sturdy, grips well

Weaknesses:    A little heavy

Bottom Line:
Value for money. If you are looking to graduate up from the cheap stock pedals but not ready for being clipped...this is the best I could find in it's price range. I've take it out for a couple of rides. It's quite sturdy and grips to the shoes like there's no tomorrow. I had stock plastic pedals before this one where my foot would slip off the pedal every 10 minutes. With these pedals, the grip remained through the entire ride - no slips. It's slightly heavier than others in the same price range so if you are weight sensitive, don't go for this one.

Favorite Trail:   Javelina-Mormon, South Mountain, Phoenix

Purchased At:   pricepoint.com

Bike Setup:   Specialized FSR Pro

Submitted by HappyHammer a Cross Country Rider from UK

Date Reviewed: August 28, 2008

Strengths:    These pedals are fantastic, you just stick to them like glue.So you never worry about slipping and raking your shins. The gold ones look great too. Pins are very secure also and never need tightening.

Weaknesses:    A little bit on the large side but you soon forget about that as that's whats makes them so secure on your feet.

Bottom Line:
If like me you don't like SPD pedals but you still want a secure footing that allows you to bunny hop at will then go for these. Go for the gold ones as they look good. My bro's got DMR V12's and i think these are much better so don't hesitate go for them, you won't regret it.

Favorite Trail:   Petersfield

Hayes Stroker Ryde v7 brakes
Mavic Crossride wheels
Answer Pro Taper gold handlebars with gold ODI Ruffian grips
EA 50 stem
Sram x9 shifters and rear mech, X gen front mech.

Submitted by BrianXC a Cross Country Rider from San Antonio, TX. USA

Date Reviewed: August 23, 2008

Strengths:    Wide footprint, cost, durability, looks

Weaknesses:    If your weight phobic about your components, these probably would not work for you. othe than that, NONE !!

Bottom Line:
These pedals are AWESOME. My bike came stock with Shimano clipless but I don't like clipless pedals.

The grip is unreal, my feet don't even move unless I want them to. Even in wet and muddy times they do not slip. I haven't hit my shin with them yet, so that is a good thing. They look really cool on my bike.

Other XC riders may laugh at me when they see my pedals but at least I can put my foot down when I stop and not fall over.

Favorite Trail:   Any

Purchased At:   pricepoint

Similar Products Used:   Other stock pedals

Bike Setup:   2008 Trek Fuel EX 8 (stock)

Submitted by B77777 a Weekend Warrior from UK (live in China)

Date Reviewed: July 28, 2008

Strengths:    Good grip, nice size, durable, never slip even in wet.

Weaknesses:    Bit heavy, shape would be better if fully square, no wrench for removable studs supplied, could bite noobs.

Bottom Line:
Where I live, not so many bike shops with any kind of worthwhile stock, so when I picked these up I was pretty happy to find a platform pedal which probably wouldn't slip in the wet, these do not disappoint! Would I have bought them if I had a fully comprehensive range of pedals to choose from? Possibly not, but they do the job, and would have made the shortlist. Might prefer a lighter, square, non-wedge shaped pedal but I'm happy with them.

Purchased At:   LBS China