Home | Reviews | Pedal | VP

VP 69 Pedal

VP-69 is optimized for sticky shoes with 6 pins per side on a concave platform that grips the sole, our tallest and sharpest pins, and ten colors. The bodies are built to withstand rock strikes and the pin areas have been reinforced as well.

VP-69 is fully rebuildable with the available Rebuild Kit and you can also drop 70 grams off of the set with our Forged Titanium Axle upgrade kit.

• 378 grams per pair
  • Rebuild Kit available
  • Forged Titanium Axle Upgrade available

Submitted by inuitbiker a Downhiller

Date Reviewed: April 22, 2013

Strengths:    Thin pedals
grippy pins
low weight
concave shape

Weaknesses:    Maybe too weak for dh'ing
Need to use additional set of pedal washers

Bottom Line:
Was in the ROC previous week, purchased these at 885NTD (<30USD). Put them on my bmx first, but they were too grippy even with skate shoes for riding street & skate parks. So, I threw them on my 26er and rode them at the local jump spot, they worked great. Rode them on singletrack and had no problems. Had to use in an additional set of pedal washers since they were made for bmx cranks or else they are too close to mtb type crankarms.

However, I don't think I would use these on my DH bike. The construction may not stand up to such abuses especially, due to pedals strikes at full speed on rocky dh specific trails. Not bad for the price, which were cheaper than my trusty, backup Wellgo MG-1s, and a LOT cheaper than my podium ones.

Favorite Trail:   Fun ones