Home | Reviews | Pedal | Time

Time Atac XC 6 Pedal

Time ATAC XC 6 MTB Pedal is the pedal for anyone looking for elite-quality without the elite pricing. Same ATAC retention system as Time's world-cup competitive carbon pedals, with an ultralight composite body.

Submitted by Rollin'in'Zona

Date Reviewed: February 12, 2014

Strengths:    one, since they're so fragile

Weaknesses:    So fragile they break.

Bottom Line:
I've used and LOVED time ATAC pedals for years on AM and FR bikes.

But these XC pedals failed miserably on my light XC bike! The "dual-arch" snapped clean off in the middle of a long ride. To be clear, these are on my lightweight xc bike - Pivot Mach 4 - not even an AM setup. I have a bike for that. This bike is "light duty"

What's worse is that the dual-arch for the XC pedals is not available ANYWHERE in the US!!!

In my search for replacement parts I've come across several really negative reviews on European websites - all either broken arches or pins falling out. Clearly this is a HORRIBLE design. I'm really disappointing in Time.

Submitted by Robert Millet a Racer

Date Reviewed: October 13, 2013

Strengths:    Light weight, fantastic feel (float) while riding, easy in/out with no accidental unclipping.

Weaknesses:    Plastic body.

Bottom Line:
Don't buy these. I like the float feeling found with Time pedals, but I will be seeking warranty and get another model to replace these. I got 1000 trouble free miles on pavement breaking in my new hard tail xc race bike. Within first 50 miles off road....problem. The press fit pin that runs through the clip wire and spring works its way out every 5 miles or so. I must routinely press the pin in before it works its way far enough out that I start unclipping.....I see now pins in the other pedal walking outboard as well. My feeling is, the plastic body is too soft for a press fitting of the pin shaft. Maybe the carbon version is better, I dunno........this is crap though. I emailed Time, hopefully they will re-design.....these feel FANTASTIC, but are useless long term.

Favorite Trail:   Dry fast ones.

Duration Product Used:   1300 miles

Purchased At:   Action Bikes

Similar Products Used:   Time Downhill/mx model.

Bike Setup:   Fuji Tahoe 1.1, 1x10, sun black flags......23lbs of xc goodness.