Home | Reviews | Pedal | Time

Time Atac XC 6 Pedal

Time ATAC XC 6 MTB Pedal is the pedal for anyone looking for elite-quality without the elite pricing. Same ATAC retention system as Time's world-cup competitive carbon pedals, with an ultralight composite body.

Submitted by Thys

Date Reviewed: August 9, 2014

Strengths:    None i haven t used them

Weaknesses:    Bought a pair of these XC6 pedals mounted them on my bike.
Wanted to adapt the spring tension & the plasic bolt just broke off.
Challenged the bike shop mechanic to do adjust the spring tension without damaging the bolt.
Ended up with getting my money back.

Bottom Line:
Loved the old time attack carbon pedals.
This however is just rubbish.
It does not deserve the one chili.
A point of advice to Time mount a decent bolt for spring tension or remove them

Duration Product Used:   1hrs

Purchased At:   Local shop

Similar Products Used:   SPD 520, 540, XTR, Crankbrothers, Time atack carbon

Bike Setup:   29 with marta brakes and XTR shifting

Submitted by icycle

Date Reviewed: June 19, 2014

Strengths:    Famous ATAC float.

Weaknesses:    Materials and quality.

Bottom Line:
I've used Time ATAC pedals for 15 years. All of my previous sets of Time ATACs are worn but still usable, with the exception of these XC 6 pedals which are unusable after the FIRST ride. The cleat retention bar bent so badly I can't clip in anymore. They must be making the bars out of much cheaper material now to cut costs and increase revenue. Dumb move. If that weren't enough, other reviews here say the spring retention pins fall out. So if you're lucky enough not to bend the parts, they'll just fall apart. Stay away. I've contacted Time US support, will see how it goes. I DON'T want a replacement XC 6 and told them that.

Submitted by KSaint99 a Cross Country Rider

Date Reviewed: April 26, 2014

Strengths:    Light enough to throw them across the shop after you take them off.

Weaknesses:    WEAK

Bottom Line:
I have owned and love Time pedals for years. These are just not up to snuff. The entire right pedal essentially disintegrated after the third ride. The pin on the left pedal was just about out by the time I limped the bike out of the woods.

Don't buy these.

Favorite Trail:   Tantasqua

Duration Product Used:   3 Times

Purchased At:   Pricepoint

Similar Products Used:   Time Alium, Time Atac XS

Bike Setup:   Trek Superfly

Submitted by Rollin'in'Zona

Date Reviewed: February 12, 2014

Strengths:    one, since they're so fragile

Weaknesses:    So fragile they break.

Bottom Line:
I've used and LOVED time ATAC pedals for years on AM and FR bikes.

But these XC pedals failed miserably on my light XC bike! The "dual-arch" snapped clean off in the middle of a long ride. To be clear, these are on my lightweight xc bike - Pivot Mach 4 - not even an AM setup. I have a bike for that. This bike is "light duty"

What's worse is that the dual-arch for the XC pedals is not available ANYWHERE in the US!!!

In my search for replacement parts I've come across several really negative reviews on European websites - all either broken arches or pins falling out. Clearly this is a HORRIBLE design. I'm really disappointing in Time.

Submitted by Robert Millet a Racer

Date Reviewed: October 13, 2013

Strengths:    Light weight, fantastic feel (float) while riding, easy in/out with no accidental unclipping.

Weaknesses:    Plastic body.

Bottom Line:
Don't buy these. I like the float feeling found with Time pedals, but I will be seeking warranty and get another model to replace these. I got 1000 trouble free miles on pavement breaking in my new hard tail xc race bike. Within first 50 miles off road....problem. The press fit pin that runs through the clip wire and spring works its way out every 5 miles or so. I must routinely press the pin in before it works its way far enough out that I start unclipping.....I see now pins in the other pedal walking outboard as well. My feeling is, the plastic body is too soft for a press fitting of the pin shaft. Maybe the carbon version is better, I dunno........this is crap though. I emailed Time, hopefully they will re-design.....these feel FANTASTIC, but are useless long term.

Favorite Trail:   Dry fast ones.

Duration Product Used:   1300 miles

Purchased At:   Action Bikes

Similar Products Used:   Time Downhill/mx model.

Bike Setup:   Fuji Tahoe 1.1, 1x10, sun black flags......23lbs of xc goodness.

Time ATAC XC 6 pedal parts - double arch needed

Howdy! Does anyone know 1) if the double arch for the newer XC series of pedal is available (been searching online for hours) 2) WHERE do I get one? I ordered a set of the ATAC "XS" double arches but they do not fit. Thanks a bunch! RichardRead More »

Time Atac XC 6 suitable for Bontrager RL Shoes?

I'm going to buy a pair of Time Atacs XC6 pedals to put on my new Trek SuperFly. I bought the bike with a "free pair Bontrager RL shoes" discount. I was going to go with Shimano SPD pedals but the extra float offered by the Atacs made me change my mind towards the Time pedals. So now I'm going to b ... Read More »