Syncros Crux Pedal

Super low-profile 6061 webbed aluminum body with curved footbed. Uses the same super-grip traction pins as the Mental Alloy pedal. 4 bearings per pedal (DU bearing, needle bearing, and two cartridge bearings). Black or white with special Grunge-Graphics.

• Material: 6061 alloy webbed pedal body
  • Super low-profile design provides extra clearance
  • 4 bearings per pedal
  • Rebuildable, fully serviceable design

Submitted by Rockhucker a Weekend Warrior from Sacramento, CA

Date Reviewed: May 15, 2011

Strengths:    Amazing grip, decently lightweight, nice looking

Weaknesses:    This is a great pedal but the "four bearings per pedal" doesn't seem to make much difference in the long run.

Bottom Line:
These pedals grip extremely well and I scored them for a good price but in reality they're not crazy durable because of the 4 bearing system. I've owned many pedals and the best out of them are a pair of Kore Flats that I've had for almost ten years but unfortunately there seized in a set of steel bmx cranks so I'm SOL. My right side crux pedal has quite a bit of play in it after 6 months of riding and I'm just waiting for it to fail. I have had very good luck with the MG-1s, they're cheap and hold up for awhile, the only downside is they don't take rock impacts well and the pins rip out quite easily. If you can get these pedals cheap I would go for it but I wouldn't pay full retail for them.

Purchased At:   Ebay

Similar Products Used:   Easton Flatboy(Junk), Azonic A Frame(alright), Atom Lab Aircorp(got a year out of them), Wellgo MG-1(2 years on them), Kore High End Flats(BOMBER!!)

Bike Setup:   Downhill rig & Freeride hardtail