Redline Proline Pedal

Redline Proline

Submitted by John McTainsh a Weekend Warrior from Brisbane, Australia

Date Reviewed: September 3, 2002

Strengths:    Very grippy. Pins in center of pedal offer some extra grip which is a bonus. Fairly strong. Cage is nice and pointy.

Weaknesses:    Bear trap cage does get knocked about by the rocks as all caged pedals do. A little heavey at 2x280g.

Bottom Line:
The "Proline" pedal has a cage the "Flight" pedal has pins, don't confuse the two. I got these cheep when looking to replace the VPs. I will probably get the same when they wear out.

Always wear shin protection with these pedals.

Favorite Trail:   Blackstone

Purchased At:   Lifecycle

Similar Products Used:   VP Double cage. (Leg to cage snapped after less than a month)

Bike Setup:   Raceline Rhine 20" mod trial bike. Magura HS33.

Submitted by Jeremy a Downhiller from New York

Date Reviewed: August 1, 2002

Strengths:    pretty good grip

Weaknesses:    i snapped the motherf*ckers on a rock right before launching a big wall drop at Plattekill and ended up doing an involuntary no footer. i fell.

Bottom Line:
i broke them and now i got some azonics that seem to be more durable and a lot more grippy.

Favorite Trail:   Plattekill

Similar Products Used:   GT bmx

Bike Setup:   Kona Stab Primo with monsters and an Avalanche DHS in the rear, oh soooo sexy

Submitted by Conrad Ensley from 9310Hee-nine

Date Reviewed: March 1, 2002

Strengths:    Cheap platforms, they lasted a while. General all purpose pedal for those who may switch from clipless to flats. Redline includes another set of long pins for getting them set how you like it. I don't know, they are pretty simple, not much left to praise.

Weaknesses:    Not a ton of grip, but you can put the higher-traction pins in. I hit my pedal on a cement block and broke the pin and corner of the pedal out. This happened due to it being cast aluminum and not the higher strength machined aluminum. The pedals are on the small side also.

Bottom Line:
They lasted a while and allowed me to pedal the bike. They work, nothing fancy. A little fragile.

Favorite Trail:   Cold Springs this time

Purchased At:   Velo Pro LBS

Similar Products Used:   other bmx pedals and Diamond Back RMX platforms that I have now, check these if you want to spend $50.

Bike Setup:   Kona Stab Kona cranks, Stratos MX6 and Maxxis tires

Submitted by Nikolas Ojala a Weekend Warrior from Tampere, Finland

Date Reviewed: September 3, 1999

Strengths:
+ strong
+ no slip due to Beartrap design
+ use any shoes you want

Weaknesses:
- heavy (Who cares?)

Bottom Line:
Good pedals. I haven't broken them yet. Call me weird, but I also like how they look.

Viinikka-Hervanta