Race Face Atlas Pedal

2.8/5 (5 Reviews)

A low-profile, lightweight, wide aluminum body with double-concave platform. The svelte design makes it perfect for trail bikes while chromoly axle and bottom loading hex traction pins ensure it can take abuse and perform double duty on your DH rig. All of the Race Face styling and performance expected from the Atlas line.

Submitted by Thefox a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: August 9, 2017

Strengths:    Look great, very grippy, feel perfect underfoot

Weaknesses:    Bearings are worthless

Bottom Line:
I recommend these pedals for anyone looking to ride across town on a dry sunny day and have people admire your shiny expensive pedals. Not for mountain biking. Started squeaking after the first ride, grinding after a month, and seized last night after one season and I had to walk home. If someone gave me a set of these for free I wouldn't use them.

Submitted by monkies a Downhiller

Date Reviewed: March 28, 2017

Strengths:    very comfy

Weaknesses:    they need repairs

Bottom Line:
this is the only pedal i've used where i realized i had pedals...mainly because they've needed some sort of maintenance. at first the batch required a 1mm spacer because of manufacturing spec issues causing a slight play on both pedals. Race face was great getting me the spacer. Then months later there was big play...so had to take apart and tighten all the bolts and all is ok now. all i'm saying is my straitlines, canfields, azonics, etc have NEVER required any maintenance in YEARS of abuse after i put them on....bushings and bearings?...whatever, my pedals have have zero maint and they work just fine. these seem a little finicky, and the durability doesn't scream 'set it and forget it'

however, they are comfy, and the pocket created for my feet feel great. i'm willing to keep these on (well, after the $$$ spent why wouldn't I) and do the periodic bolt tightening unless something dangerous happens (at which point these will get 1 chili because they wouldn't be safe).

Similar Products Used:   straitline, canfield

Submitted by amirh1 a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: February 20, 2017

Strengths:    Well built, concave design, wide

Weaknesses:    Doesn't fit crank boots

Bottom Line:
Great pedals, love the concave shape, pins grip real well and are spread thoughtfully throughout the surface. They also spin nice and slow, feel very well made. Plus I like that they're wide since I sometimes place my feet too far out and don't have time to adjust.
One *major* flaw is they don't fit crank boots (even Race Face's out boots). Which is very very bad, coz you end up with great pedals and a broken crank arm!

Submitted by Tarekith a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: March 10, 2016

Strengths:    Very sticky, looks nice, nice wide platform, lightweight, lots of colors to choose from.

Weaknesses:    Durability. After only 3 short XC rides the large bearing in the left pedal is completely siezed and Race Face will not warranty it. Kind of disappointing that a pedal at this cost isn't backed by a warranty so shortly after purchase.

Bottom Line:
I was in love with these pedals at first, everything I wanted so I was willing to pay a premium price for them. Large platform, grippy as can be, light weight, sharp looks, easy to service, you name. Sadly the bearing freezing shortly after getting them put a damper in my enthusiasm, especially as I have to buy a $50 rebuild for them after only three rides. That places these pedals at over $200 only a month after getting them, pretty lame.

I had hoped components built and tested in the PNW would hold up to more abuse than just a few xc rides, not sure I trust these now for the bike parks. I'll rebuild them just so I can keep using them, but I would not recommend these to friends anymore.

Duration Product Used:   3 rides

Purchased At:   bike-discount.de

Similar Products Used:   Crank Bros 5050xx

Bike Setup:   2012 Rocky Mountain Slayer70.

Submitted by mark a Weekend Warrior

Date Reviewed: November 27, 2014

Strengths:    Ideal combination of pedal profile, grip, weight, quality and no-play cartridge bearings that spin perfectly.

Bottom Line:
finally, a platform pedal for all mountain riding with solid all around engineering and design. The only pedal (and I've tried dozens) that combines the perfect combination of weight, profile, grip and no-play cartridge bearings that spin perfectly. Before these came out, I bought the Spank pedal that came in 1st place in Mountain Bike Action. They stink; they are heavier, have a more awkward profile and the 'bushings' have huge amount of slop/play that I can't tighten. Buy the Race Face and end the hunt for the perfect platform pedal.

Favorite Trail:   all

Similar Products Used:   too many to list - but the Race Face trounced the Spank pedal that won Mountain Bike Action comparison test - prior to the release of the Race Face pedal

Bike Setup:   All mountain - Ventana El Saltamontes custom 6" rockers - all top shelf parts