Home | Reviews | Pedal | Primo

Primo Super Tenderizer Pedal

4.38/5 (53 Reviews)

Primo Super Tenderizer (platform)

Submitted by Nandus a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: April 29, 2012

Strengths:    Strong and solid feeling. Large platform for your feet. Very sticky. Feet never slide on them.
Bearings still going strong after 300 + miles on them.

Weaknesses:    A tad overweight.

Bottom Line:
I purchased these pedals from one of the LBS' in my area.

Paid around 25 bucks for them and they are worth every penny.

I only with they were lighter.

Favorite Trail:   Ringwood

Similar Products Used:   GT Platform, SR Sakae, Tioga.

Bike Setup:   2011 Kona Tanuki

Submitted by kzeiszler a Cross Country Rider from Bismarck, ND

Date Reviewed: August 1, 2011

Strengths:    stick to your shoes when you want them to, come with extra cleats, super durable

Weaknesses:    heavy if you care I dont

Bottom Line:
Been though 3 bikes, when I had my stock peddles I had huge bloody gouges out of the front and back of my legs, changed to these never happened again. I am sold. gonna through some straps on them and run them with my single speed soon.

Favorite Trail:   ma da hey

Purchased At:   epic

Similar Products Used:   stock peddles

Bike Setup:   hardrock, instigator, KM

Submitted by MartyL76 a Weekend Warrior from Valdosta,Georgia,USA

Date Reviewed: May 1, 2011

Strengths:    Very strong
Looks good
Comfortable
Awesome grip

Weaknesses:    Heavy

Bottom Line:
These pedals have given me a little more confidence then before. They are a very solid pedal with lots of grip and the concave platform fits my shoe perfectly. The pedals are a little heavy but its well worth it. I will be riding on these for awhile.

Favorite Trail:   like em all

Purchased At:   Pink Bike

Similar Products Used:   Snafu platforms
Wellgo

Bike Setup:   2009 Jamis XCT,1X9,Marzocchi fork, Manitou rear shock, Shimano drivetrain and brakes.

Submitted by ColorVoyeur a Downhiller from USA

Date Reviewed: May 2, 2010

Strengths:    Tough

Bottom Line:
I have the Josh Stricker Magnesium Sealed version. Light enough, way tougher than I expected. Put them through hell in the skateparks all winter... after 6 months they've finally needed a cleaning... took 5 minutes...

I'll never try another freeride pedal.

Similar Products Used:   Azonic Fusion, Truvativ Hussefelt

Bike Setup:   Azonic Steelhead, DJ1, Outlaws, Azonic Revenge bars, Azonic Barretta stem, Holy Rollers 2.4

Submitted by olybear06 a Weekend Warrior from Olympia WA

Date Reviewed: March 6, 2009

Strengths:    very sturdy, strong, better then my stock plastic pedals. the reason y i bought these pedals because my stock plastic pedals were already wearing out. its a awesome set of pedals for my Mongoose BMX rip cord, im plan on keeping my BMX for a long time. i recommended for someone who does bmx tricks and make your bike lil more fancy just like the expensive bikes out there, retail price from 249.00 to 350.00.

Weaknesses:    the plastic cover came off and the screws came off, i went back to the store they replace it for free and it looks pretty good now. make sure you check the plastic cover on the pedals.

Bottom Line:
the bottom line is, its a awesome prdals not bad at all just make sure when you buy these sets make sure the plastic covers dont come off.

Favorite Trail:   Streets

Purchased At:   Falcone

Bike Setup:   2008 Mongoose Rip Cord

Submitted by Chris a Downhiller from Colfax, Wisconsin, USA

Date Reviewed: November 19, 2007

Strengths:    Strong, great looking, the pegs really keep your feet on the pedal. replacement pegss, Comfortable, cheap

Weaknesses:    The plastic cap on the side of one of the pedals came off and I lost it.

Bottom Line:
Great pedals for people who need something strong. I don't do hard beating but these have lasted great so far. The pedal itself hasnt bent but I broke off a pin (thats what hitting cement does to those pins) Recommended.
I wouldn't get these if you want to grind, unless you don't care about the pins

Favorite Trail:   ojibwa

Bike Setup:   Trek y-glide

Submitted by erik a Downhiller from simi valley ca

Date Reviewed: September 18, 2007

Strengths:    very strong. comfy as a good shoe. grippy and easy to maintain.

Weaknesses:    hm none

Bottom Line:
i have been using these pedals on all my bikes for about well since they were introduced into the bmx dirt jump scene and i fell in love with them. i love the feel of the contoured pedal. i have never bent a set but i have trashed the bearings but then again years of oilless use will do that.

Favorite Trail:   the secret spot

Purchased At:   simi bike works

Similar Products Used:   hercules,specialized plats,and some older snafu brand plats.

Bike Setup:   04 big hit.

Submitted by Paul a Weekend Warrior from Kelso, WA USA

Date Reviewed: May 19, 2007

Strengths:    Non-slip, Beefy, and Strong

Weaknesses:    Can't replace the pins

Bottom Line:
Great platform pedal...takes abuse and does not let your feet slip. I haven't had any trouble with these pedals and I haved used them for two years. Sure the pins are not replaceable, but I guess when they finally wear down I will get another set...I am all about platforms that grip!
If you like big, beefy platforms that will rip the crap out of your shins, these will do the trick for sure!

Favorite Trail:   Glade @MtHood or Round Lake

Purchased At:   From a Friend

Similar Products Used:   Fishbone, Diamondback

Bike Setup:   GT Hardtail w/extas added

Submitted by Klank911 a Racer from tempe,az

Date Reviewed: March 2, 2007

Strengths:    hold grip well for about a week or two

Weaknesses:    axles bend easy-I just need to find a pedal that can take 200lbs of 6'8"-these are not that pedal-these bent within the first 3 weeks or street riding

Bottom Line:
I don't like these pedals-the pegs DO break fairly easily
If your lame and like BMX (J/K)-these are your pedals for sure. I ride with a BMX'er and these would be great for him-not for me.

Favorite Trail:   national-south mountain

Purchased At:   tempe bicycle

Similar Products Used:   old school bmx pedals, wellgo (garbage) and these

Bike Setup:   haro x1, 2.25 geax sturdy tires, avid 5 bearing brakes, raceface cranks, xt hubs and cassette, rear mavic ex721, front alexrim dm-18 hahaha!

Submitted by Peter a Weekend Warrior from Albany, WA

Date Reviewed: January 1, 2007

Strengths:    great strong pedals, big surface, grippyest pedals i have ever used, look sick, cheap

Weaknesses:    nothing other than the fact that they 'tenderize' your shins...i have got holes in my shins to prove that...so i reccomend that if you get these pedals make sure you either have, or are goin to get some shin gaurds

Bottom Line:
if u have any trouble with slippery pedals...get these! they r great. but just b prepared 4 sum nice gashes/holes in ur shins if u dont wear shingaurds-i need to get sum myself.

Purchased At:   great southern bicycles

Bike Setup:   06 avanti derelikt type 2, all stock except oury lock on grips, and these primo pedals

Submitted by Thomas a Weekend Warrior from Elliot Lake ontario

Date Reviewed: July 8, 2006

Strengths:    strong, stable and wide. They look pretty good and are very grippy.

Weaknesses:    none.

Bottom Line:
Great buy. Pretty cheap and they are pretty damn strong.You can't go wrong with these pedals.

Purchased At:   cycle path

Similar Products Used:   wellgo

Bike Setup:   06 norco, dj3, truvativ/hayes parts

Submitted by Bryan a Weekend Warrior from Colorado Springs, Colorado USA

Date Reviewed: October 5, 2005

Strengths:    Strong
Durable
Matches concave on shoes
Cool design

Weaknesses:    Pins not easily replacable (do come with a replacement set, but I guess in order to put them on you'd have to break off the old ones)
Bearings arent sealed (damn good for non-sealed bearings!)

Bottom Line:
This pedal is absolutely solid. I've laid, thrown, and slid my bike down on gravel, cement, and hard dirt and the sides arent chipped or bent. The paint job has only come off in those cases. After long use, the elevated "Primo" text paint in the center of the pedal wears down, so you see the bare shiny metal. Easy-to-paint pedals too, I've repainted mine a few times.

Purchased At:   Ted's Bicycles - Colorado Springs, CO

Similar Products Used:   Diamondback Platform Dirt Pedals

Bike Setup:   2005 Diamondback Assault (http://thebicyclist.com/my-bike)

Submitted by Mark a Weekend Warrior from Western Australia

Date Reviewed: February 21, 2005

Strengths:    Tough, Great grip/feel, V good price, Nice colours.

Weaknesses:    Finish can wear with use??

Bottom Line:
Tough, good looks and low $$$. Conditions are hot and dry here so I'm not expecting the unsealed bearings to be much of a problem. I've been riding them to work daily since I got them and they also have taken some good rocks hits on trails but the finish is holding up fine, maybe because I don't chuck my bike down when I get off? Grip is very good, never had a problem with slipping. I've got my eye on another bike and it will be leaving the shop with a pair of Primo's on it. Great product .. 5 hot ones.

Purchased At:   www.cyclerama.net

Similar Products Used:   Other platforms, Eggbeaters.

Bike Setup:   Giant VT, bash ring, short stem, telescopic seat post, lock on grips, Tenderizer pedals.

Submitted by Daryl a Weekend Warrior from Singapore

Date Reviewed: August 7, 2004

Strengths:    -Can take real abuse
-Good Grip
-Lots of colours to chose frm
-Big contact area
-Cheap

Weaknesses:    -Heavy (tts y i change to Primo mag)
-Finsh s*x
-Give me holes in my shin(i was bi*chy without shin Guards)

Bottom Line:
Well... if ur left wif no bugget frm buyin a rig... den tis is the pedal for ya... its cheap yet strong and grippy... it can take some serious abuse... but finishing s*x!! The colour started comin off since the first tym i put them on.

Favorite Trail:   Urban

Purchased At:   Bike Shop

Similar Products Used:   Primo mag...

Bike Setup:   DaBomb XLR8, Bomber fork, XT rd, deore crank n bb, Funn hub, RST disc brake, Azonic stem handle bar, Primo mag pedels....

Submitted by DH Dave a Downhiller from CA

Date Reviewed: July 26, 2004

Strengths:    Great Pins
Strong body

Bottom Line:
I really like these pedals. I have a couple of pairs of these. One on my DH bike and another on my hardtail. I went messing around the other day going down a flight of stairs w/ no problem. Switched bikes w/ my friend and he was using the Shimano MX-30. Feet kept slipping from the pedals. I forgot how great they were since I've been using them for years.

Purchased At:   Ebay, LBS