Performance Forte Convert Pedal

Extruded, CNC machined 6061 aluminum platform increases stability and resilience while remaining lightweight. CNC machined chromoly spindle adds strength and rigidity to every pedal stroke. 10 removable steel traction pins on each side enhance grip. Dual sealed bearings and DU bushings are easy to maintain and deliver smooth spinning performance.

Submitted by betorac

Date Reviewed: April 28, 2013

Strengths:    Grip, lightweight, thin profile, sealed bearings, replaceable pins

Bottom Line:
Bought these as a spare to my clipless and to practice new skills at the skills park. There were $40 and half the price of many similar pedals. These things are built solid and look like they will last. I highly recommend them if you don't care about brands or "bling". They will get the job done

Submitted by ihaveagibsonsg a Cross Country Rider from San Diego,CA

Date Reviewed: January 12, 2012

Strengths:    Excellent Grip, lightweight for how huge they are, Replaceable knobs on the pedal as they wear out is huge!

Weaknesses:    Only comes in 1 color

Bottom Line:
I purchased these pedals because I jump around too much on my bike to be clipped in. The major selling point on these pedals for me was being able to replace teeth on the pedals as they wear out. The grip from these pedals is so tenacious you will feel clipped in. I've never had them slip out from under me in a tough climb and I've also never had them come out from under me mid air. That is also a negative thing because if your feet do slip off they quickly become cheese graters and will do a massive number on your shins. I've smashed these on rocks going 25+ miles an hour expecting to look down and see them a little bent up but they're extremely strong and don't show any damage aside from minor scratches. They only come in gray which fine if your bike is black and gray like mine, but does not match all bikes out there. They should at least offer black too, or only offer black instead of gray. Good product, a little pricey but totally worth it if you're gonna ride platforms it doesn't get much better than this.

Favorite Trail:   Iron Mountain

Purchased At:   Performance Bike

Bike Setup:   GT Sensor 9r Expert

Forte Convert Pedals for $45

at PerformanceBike. [url=http://www.performancebike.com/bikes/Product_10054_10551_1085037_-1_400936__400936]Forté Convert Platform Pedals - Mountain Bike Pedals[/url] I believe these are a very similar design to the Kona Wah Wah, which is a damn fine pedal. Anyhoo, $45 seems like a great deal for ... Read More »

Forte Convert Platform Pedals

Has anyone been using these platform pedals on their MTB ? I spotted them on the Performance Bicycle web site and they look really good. I like that look and I love the way the spikes hold my foot wear in place. Platform pedal advise would be appreciated. Thanks - RichRead More »