Origin 8 Proform Ul Pedal

Here is a stylish upgradeTo your stock plastic pedals. AttachTheseTo your crank, and enjoyThe rigid CNC machined pedals. Ultra strong and light,The 260 grams will go unnoticed as your flying downThe mountain. CNC machined ultra light body VeryThink 18mm platform height Hardened chromoly replacement pins HeatTreated Chromoly axle Sealed cartridge bearings

Submitted by Jose Vazquez

Date Reviewed: February 6, 2013

Strengths:    light, affordable

Weaknesses:    weak, small, extremely sharp edges

Bottom Line:
Nice pedals, the first set that I got all the screws were loose and in 1 day I lost 10. Took back to store, got new set and yes the screws needed to be tightened. These pedals are great looking (IMO) but they are a tad small, perhaps I wouldn't mind if they weren't so close to the crank. I have size 10 shoes and I feel like my pinky toe sticks out.
Also, they are very light, I think lighter than my clipless! The only problem is that they are so flimsy, that after a good what with a rock they completely deform, to the point that it looks like a crumpled piece of paper. Some grease elbow and a screwdriver will somewhat restore them, But if you ride a lot of rocks this is not for you. I am ok with them, but soon will replace them with something sturdier.

Bike Setup:   2013 Stumpjumper FSR